Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Yeah it's looking very unlikely anyone else comes in, barring a few departures. We've been after a midfielder all summer so I wouldn't be suprised to see us move late for one if we can shit a couple of players out, but without that sort of movement it seems we are done.

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I kept thinking we’d buy another player but I’m starting to believe we are done.  I know managers can tell white lies but I’m starting to believe we are done and Dean says as much again imo.

And just like that my dreams went full on Keyser Soze, as in they made like a tree. No cigar for me, not even a hotdog.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

Yeah it's looking very unlikely anyone else comes in, barring a few departures. We've been after a midfielder all summer so I wouldn't be suprised to see us move late for one if we can shit a couple of players out, but without that sort of movement it seems we are done.

Ouch!!!

• Haha 3

I think people over analysed Purslow's comments when we sold Jack. I took it as face value that basically we were done on major signings, and nothing since has convinced otherwise. We might have sniffed around but probably have been put off by vastly inflated asking prices because we have a stack of cash in the bank. I hope we don't regret it.

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think people over analysed Purslow's comments when we sold Jack. I took it as face value that basically we were done on major signings, and nothing since has convinced otherwise. We might have sniffed around but probably have been put off by vastly inflated asking prices because we have a stack of cash in the bank. I hope we don't regret it.

Depends what our goal is.  If it truly is European places position then we aren’t going to make it, if it’s better than last season as Dean mentioned last interview then that’s possible.

I thought this was going to be a strong summer and while our purchases have been great, it’s not enough and we’ve lost our talisman.  Feels like we may have miss an opportunity this summer.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think the only way we sign anyone, is if an opportunity arises.

Looking like with the unavailability of top targets, we are unwilling to spend just for the sake of it.

Yep I agree! While I don’t mind a consolidation season it feels like a missed opportunity and slammed the breaks on a bit for a season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yep I agree! While I don’t mind a consolidation season it feels like a missed opportunity and slammed the breaks on a bit for a season.

Well I think we have the money in the bank mate.

As you know, the window goes a bit mental towards the end, domino effects etc.

As Dean always says, I'm sure ( Hope ) we have our fingers " On the pulse " .

Still wouldn't surprise me if we brought in at least 1.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Looking like with the unavailability of top targets, we are unwilling to spend just for the sake of it.

I think this is the right way to go about it too.

I know we want and need players in certain positions, but if we can’t get who Lange/DS want for the prices we are willing to pay then best to go as we are. Would’ve loved a midfielder but quite happy on the whole with the rest of the squad once everyone is fit.

Edited by Woody1000

2 minutes ago, commander said:

Agree, we are in desperate need of a combative DCM. I think us not getting one could cost Smith his job. 

Agreed. I'm not convinced we're in such good shape. We were clearly after another midfielder and we've missed out for whatever reason. I feel pretty lacking in optimism for this season tbh, and I fear that Smith might pay for this summer's window with his job. We've not done enough considering what we've lost. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I kept thinking we’d buy another player but I’m starting to believe we are done.  I know managers can tell white lies but I’m starting to believe we are done and Dean says as much again imo.

Surely it's a coded message that we are not actually done. 🤔

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, commander said:

Agree, we are in desperate need of a combative DCM. I think us not getting one could cost Smith his job. 

I don’t think Dean’s job is on the line unless we are flirting with relegation this season. We’ve constantly moved forward under him, if we finish mid table this year I believe the owners would give him another crack at it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I like this too. A bit like when Liverpool tried for Van Dijk and didn't get him. They just waited another window to get him as opposed to spending 40 mill on another Lovren.