Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

21 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

TBH, as much as I love NBC's coverage of the Premier League (They're miles ahead of any other American network in terms of European football coverage), they really don't have a clue when it comes to breaking news.  They regurgitate stories broken elsewhere, especially when it involves American players.  McKennie rumors are a bit clickbaity for them.  

34 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

There seems to be some sort of agenda against selling players on here. Honestly, if we’re to become a self sustainable, improving machine, and follow the Leicester model somewhat, we need to be prepared to let fringe players go.

Agreed, we need to sell players to continue to improve. The Leicester model has let their best players go, Mahrez, Kante, Maguire and Chillwell and allowed them to build. 

They are also happy to change manager as part of that growth, not that I want Smith gone. 

6 minutes ago, Nicho said:

Agreed, we need to sell players to continue to improve. The Leicester model has let their best players go, Mahrez, Kante, Maguire and Chillwell and allowed them to build. 

They are also happy to change manager as part of that growth, not that I want Smith gone. 

Bolded the part that some on here banging the sell player x drum don't understand. Very few teams are going to pay for our 2nd teamers. They just aren't that good, that's why they are a backup to begin with.  You can post incessantly about selling "x" or "y" player but that isn't going to make it happen any quicker.  

The more likely outcome is that backup players on a mid table PL team go for a small loan/transfer fee or just see out their deal. 

1 minute ago, KH** said:

Will Hughes supposedly going to Crystal Palace. Just mentioning as we were linked earlier this window to him 

Fantastic news.  He's not good enough for us.  Palace is about his level.  

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Nicho said:

The Leicester model has let their best players go, Mahrez, Kante, Maguire and Chillwell and allowed them to build. 

I appreciate that it is very easy to forget as it is difficult to believe but you can add 35m for Danny Drinkwater to that list 😂

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I can definitely see levi thinking a player is under valued by the selling club!

I can definitely see Levy only willing to pay the absolute minimum necessary to sign a player, definitely not more!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, romavillan said:

The UK articles say spurs, but we're touted as the most likely destination in quite a few of the articles over here. Price €45m, so roughly £40m. You'd think Spurs were the more likely if they're going to meet the asking price.

Nobody is paying £40m for McKennie I wouldn't think.

Spurs might loan him for 2 years and then an obligation to buy at £40m. But they aren't paying £40m this year. But Juve only spent about £20m on him last year and are trying to move him on a year later. I think anything more than £30m is a mugging and you'd really hope his value had declined considering but doesn't work that way I suppose.

I hope we do sign a DM otherwise i'm worried for the welfare of some posters. 

If we do I hope he's small and not of African heritage, just to annoy you all :P 

• Haha 1