Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

I hope we do sign a DM otherwise i'm worried for the welfare of some posters. 

If we do I hope he's small and not of African heritage, just to annoy you all :P 

Short American 😳

(Edit: ok not as short as I thought, he's 6'0". But that's definitely a few inches smaller than the good spot for some here)

Edited by HalfTimePost

2 hours ago, KH** said:

Levy has offered £3m and a pack of quavers 

So we offer 4 million and SpaceRaiders pickled onion should dothe Job.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Nobody is paying £40m for McKennie I wouldn't think.

Spurs might loan him for 2 years and then an obligation to buy at £40m. But they aren't paying £40m this year. But Juve only spent about £20m on him last year and are trying to move him on a year later. I think anything more than £30m is a mugging and you'd really hope his value had declined considering but doesn't work that way I suppose.

Are we seriously here again with this 40 million tagging, this media price has been attached to almost every player this window. I bet next season it will be 50 million.

Wouldnt surprise me if somewhere in the non leagues some writer has suggested 40 million is the price to pay for the best none leaguer player lol.

I dont think McKennie will go for that price, I certainly dont think Spurs would pay half that because of Levy. Levy will sink spurs slowly and I cant see anyone buying Kane this window because of how crap he were in the euros, hes going to need a good season under him to draw attention.

22 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

For anyone who thinks that our midfield is good enough, just look at what Chelsea are doing.

They won the Champions League last season, yet still feel the need to upgrade their defence by selling Zouma and bringing in Kounde.

It's about constantly progressing as a club and, although the midfield is decent, it is our weakest area and can be improved on with just one signing.

Good post and so true.

You are right it's always about consistently improving as soon as possible.

We are a couple quality players away from being a side that causes pain for teams on the pitch.  I believe midfield is a key area that we need to be careful in how we buy but buy good.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

For anyone who thinks that our midfield is good enough, just look at what Chelsea are doing.

They won the Champions League last season, yet still feel the need to upgrade their defence by selling Zouma and bringing in Kounde.

It's about constantly progressing as a club and, although the midfield is decent, it is our weakest area and can be improved on with just one signing.

Chelsea are a different league to us revenue wise and they're desperate to get back into the title race after a few under par years (in the PL)

I see your point though, but Chelsea aren't haemorrhaging money like us every year - I think they're profitable as a club. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

What do people think of Berge? His stock seems to have dropped a bit recently?

looks a bit slow and ponderous to me, when I've seen him....this league you need to be slick and sharp and quick thinking.

not for me.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

Our midfield is not decent. It's sheit.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

I dont think many think our midfield cant be improved. We had other priorities. If we dont improve its not the end of the world as we have the numbers. It is quite clearly our next area of improvement in our starting 11.  

We improve the midfield and then wed move back onto the defence. It is a cycle of improvement, you very rarely improve every area every season. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I hope we do sign a DM otherwise i'm worried for the welfare of some posters. 

If we do I hope he's small and not of African heritage, just to annoy you all :P 

I don't care if he is 3 ft 6, Ginger, and has a micro penis, as long as he can do the job.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I don't care if he is 3 ft 6, Ginger, and has a micro penis, as long as he can do the job.

How did you see that picture of me? 🤔

• Haha 3