Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

A negative outlay for this window is completely unacceptable, IMO. 

Why?

It is not about the money spent, it is the quality of the players we get in. Also, we sold a single player for 100m, I think that is the 6th biggest transfer fee ever, that is a lot of cash to spend and for it to be considered completely unacceptable. 

• Like 1

Given there’s not been a sniff of a link to us for any kind of winger/attacking midfielder I guess the AEG rumour is just that. No way we will sell him without a replacement and I think even though we kept Ings quiet that’s the exception rather than the rule. 

13 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I don't see a benefit to letting Anwar go this window, maybe in January as Trez will be back Bailey/Buendia bedded in and JPB with more experience. But letting him go now this window weakens us.

Maybe it will enable us to bring in a younger replacement such as Alvarez. AEG is utter rubbish in my view. Really top bloke who totally stokes a penalty but he starts more opposition attacks by losing possession than any of the actual players.
You can’t always get perfect timing for these things either. As @Delphinho123said he is at his optimum value now. £15m is way too good to turn down.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

There seems to be some sort of agenda against selling players on here. Honestly, if we’re to become a self sustainable, improving machine, and follow the Leicester model somewhat, we need to be prepared to let fringe players go.

Players like El Ghazi, Nakamba, Trezeguet even Luiz, will need to move on if we’re ever to improve. We can’t have these players running down their contracts and then just moving around on loan in their final years with us paying their wages, it’s a criminal waste of money and it’s mismanagement. Purslow even said when he came in, the model is to buy players, improve them and if they increase in value, then sell them if we can improve by finding better. 

We have invested heavily in a scouting network and our recruitment team seem to know what they’re doing so let’s let these fringe players go when they still have value so we can reinvest and find better. Even the most ardent of El Ghazi supporters surely must see that he doesn’t get anywhere near our best XI and that £10-15m is a very good price for someone we paid around £8m for. 

As good as the club are at buying players, we need to also be smart when selling them. The players that got us up and the players we signed when we got up, will eventually all be gone as they aren’t good enough for where we want to be (excluding perhaps Konsa and Mings). 

Our squad is becoming bloated. If the club want to keep El Ghazi just so we score the occasional penalty, that’s just madness. He offers so little in nearly every aspect of his play. The same with Nakamba, he only looks good when we’re being peppered as he can get the occasional block in. When he’s actually required to pick a pass and think on his feet, he’s barely PL standard.

No time to be sentimental, get them gone and keep moving forward.

People want a museum of players that dont take us any further because there love for these players is priority over selling them for the clubs sake and sometimes the players.

I've never understood to be fair, I understand supporting a player and being a fan while they are here. However if a player can't bring the goods or they start lacking in areas that the club obviously needs to replace, well I just dont get the obvious call and the whole up in arms defence.

Ghazi is going to be sold, just like Trezegeut, Davis wont be here much longer as Villa cant get game time out of him. There are legitimate reasons as to why players need to be sold on and one being is the Club is out growing the likes of Ghazi and Trezegeut and the Club needs much better all round player in AEG's place.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Can't see how we'd get him over Spurs given they can offer bigger wages, European football and Kane is staying etc. Not to mention Patrici signed him 12 months ago so he knows him from last season at Juventus

Just now, CVByrne said:

Can't see how we'd get him over Spurs given they can offer bigger wages, European football and Kane is staying etc. Not to mention Patrici signed him 12 months ago so he knows him from last season at Juventus

Yeah, it had the feeling of a ‘just pick another PL team’ kind of news article. If there’s any truth though he’d be a very good signing and quite a coup for us if we manage it.

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

There seems to be some sort of agenda against selling players on here.

not here, 

I'm almost happy to sell the entire team if there was better coming in.. But there's not, so we have to make do... Also, it's tricky to sell some of our players too, No real sniffs for AEG, Conor, Davies or Marv

58 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Would just be a shame because we always seem to Stop one player too soon or not high enough quality each window.

2019: Only having Wesley up front

Jan 2020: Only Samatta up front

2020: Barkley over say Buendia or Benrahma

Jan 2021: Was a tough window to be fair but didn't lighten the load on Jack which bit us in the backside, 

2021: CM of some description

2011- Signing Bent and then selling Young in the summer as the guy to put the crosses in 

2009- Signing Emile Heskey rather than a quality forward to fire us to a Champions League spot

2005-Signing Milan Baros and the selling Nobby Solano as the guy to put the crosses in....

And so on and so forth. As it was ever thus.

Even as a kid who wasn't a die hard fan at the time I felt somewhat underwhelmed when reading on teletext that we had signed John Fashanu.  Agwoohar.

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Same could of been said over Buendia and Arsenal but we got him because Buendia liked the plan being hurled out to him. Sometimes some of the finer details take priority over wages.

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Spurs haven’t got a pot to piss in. Their no. 1 target is Traore apparently and they’ve offered a £5m loan deal 😂

If Spurs fork out the £25m that Juve want, then he will go there. However, if they don’t, and we move a couple of players on, we have a good chance of getting him.

Personally, I’m not fussed either way. I think he’s probably a very good player but looks to be quite similar to McGinn and Sanson.

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

not here, 

I'm almost happy to sell the entire team if there was better coming in.. But there's not, so we have to make do... Also, it's tricky to sell some of our players too, No real sniffs for AEG, Conor, Davies or Marv

Yeh, that last bit I agree with. But if there is, get them gone!

• Like 1

In terms of selling players, I only see it in relation to FFP. What is the point of selling Anwar this window if we don't spend it. Jack is a +100m sat on our FFP calc for 3 years only. Adding 15m to that means 115m for 3 years. 

The actual money doesn't matter as it's pennies to our owners. FFP is the only restriction and we are miles under our FFP limit at the moment

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Spurs haven’t got a pot to piss in. Their no. 1 target is Traore apparently and they’ve offered a £5m loan deal 😂

If Spurs fork out the £25m that Juve want, then he will go there. However, if they don’t, and we move a couple of players on, we have a good chance of getting him.

Personally, I’m not fussed either way. I think he’s probably a very good player but looks to be quite similar to McGinn and Sanson.

Fair point if we can outbid Spurs and Juve only accept our bid. 

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yeh, that last bit I agree with. But if there is, get them gone!

no doubt they are trying...It's a buyers market this window and the buyers are being careful... All of our fringe players are not exactly desirable  and us fans don't pretend they are either.
They are all in the shop window, but the window is covered in shit 

• Like 1