Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

9 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

The reason I am brining up contracts to back up my argument is because the contract is a very significant part of the purchase of a player. It is naive to thing otherwise. 

Messi's contract was a recurring 12 months. He left on a free because Barca could not afford his wages, not because it fell through,  and PSG paid 25m sign on fee and 25m a year for 2 years. 

Part of the purchase to the buyer, not the seller. Like I said the seller ain’t going to give a shit what the new contract is going to be…and how much it’s worth 

Messi’s contract fell through because Barcelona  couldn’t afford it. Like I said, they couldn’t sell the players to reduce their wage bill enough. No one was buying….

£75m all in for Messi for two years, is good for a PSG. Especially if they win the CL

Edited by CarryOnVilla

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

Part of the purchase to the buyer, not the seller. Like I said the seller ain’t going to give a shit what the new contract is going to be…and how much it’s worth 

The post which you are debating is that I said it is NOT a buyers market. It appears you are now agreeing with me 😀

16 minutes ago, thabucks said:

A player like Kamada would help us on and off the pitch. I do find it odd though, that with his stats & relatively low fee why no one has gone in for him yet… 

Dream signing…

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

You’re are really grasping 

At what? You are now trying to say that the contract value is not part of the issue as this is the responsibility of the buying club. Do u not see the link between that and it not being a buyers market?

Fred may be on his way soon.

Seemingly wants out. Strasbourg teammates and fans (seem to adore him) calling for his return:

“Come back”

”haha if only”

Edited by Jas10
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

At what? You are now trying to say that the contract value is not part of the issue as this is the responsibility of the buying club. Do u not see the link between that and it not being a buyers market?

The contract is a separate part of the transaction. that’s for club and player not club and club.

also a contract is a reason to sell a player, but it’s never a reason to buy a player… if anything, an excising big wage contract can turn a buying club away from signing a player. 

and in the context of this window  it’s massive reason for a lot of clubs are selling..

covid has hit hard on so many clubs, that big wage players are crippling clubs and forcing them to sell…

any ways rather than trying to prove me wrong, prove yourself right… how is it a sellers market? 

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

The contract is a separate part of the transaction. that’s for club and player not club and club.

also a contract is a reason to sell a player, but it’s never a reason to buy a player… if anything, an excising big wage contract can turn a buying club away from signing a player. 

and in the context of this window  it’s massive reason for a lot of clubs are selling..

covid has hit hard on so many clubs, that big wage players are crippling clubs and forcing them to sell…

any ways rather than trying to prove me wrong, prove yourself right… how is it a sellers market? 

I already explained why I believe it is a sellers market. Lukaku is costing Chelsea a little over 30m a year, 11m wages and 19.5m in transfer fee. Revenue is 450m. Paying one player close to 7% of total revenue pa is massive. It would be palatable if the rest of the squad were low cost but they are not. As I said, it is naive to try and separate the contract value and the transfer fee. It is all about what the cost is to the club. If the owner of a club what to treat it a a play thing and have fun then great for the fans and also great for the selling club as they are quids in. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I already explained why I believe it is a sellers market. Lukaku is costing Chelsea a little over 30m a year, 11m wages and 19.5m in transfer fee. Revenue is 450m. Paying one player close to 7% of total revenue pa is massive. It would be palatable if the rest of the squad were low cost but they are not. As I said, it is naive to try and separate the contract value and the transfer fee. It is all about what the cost is to the club. If the owner of a club what to treat it a a play thing and have fun then great for the fans and also great for the selling club as they are quids in. 

Yes, but when balancing the books, they sold Abraham for £30m and have his wages off the books. So it’s more £20m and £7m in wages…

Just now, QldVilla said:

Yes, but when balancing the books, they sold Abraham for £30m and have his wages off the books. So it’s more £20m and £7m in wages…

That's not related to the price they paid for Lukaku. Lukaku's wages are 11m a year and transfer fee is 19.5m a year regardless of what other business Chelsea did. 

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

Jeeze, the after sale contact has no baring on the current market. The contract only affect the next sale after that, which never comes in the same market (transfer) window

club A sells player, club B buys player and signs a new contract, to keep them at club B and allowing club B to set the new price in the market.

I’ll give that a new contract and it’s value affect the buying club’s budget, but it doesn’t affect the overall market in a current window 

as things stand, there are more clubs trying to sell, than there are clubs willing to buy… so, the few buying clubs are not competing for same signings. which gives buyers the control in the market

It appears right now, Villa are sellling club… if we don’t sell some of our fringe players we (probably) can’t/wont buy anyone else. 

but, but no one is buying them.

A 15m for El Ghazi, could be spent better getting a winger out of Ligue 1

Conar and Davies’s wage demands are too much for a championship team.

Wesley has unknown ability to be sold

Nakamba… probably could be sold, but we probably wouldn’t get much.. 

Trez is injured

As a selling club, we have little to no ability to change this… we’re just hoping for buyers to come along. 

38 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

That's not related to the price they paid for Lukaku. Lukaku's wages are 11m a year and transfer fee is 19.5m a year regardless of what other business Chelsea did. 

Yes it is under FFP.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Regarding Tammy, was he good value at 30m? Over the last few years wasn't he referenced at the 70m valuation?

When referencing Chelski nothing they do makes sense, ie selling Lukaku and buying him back for more.

Abraham was good value at £30m,  he’s a proven PL striker with CL experience, he’s young and can still improve, hence the £65m buy back clause.

Some have written him off, but he will score goals and at 23 has his best years ahead of him. Italy may just be the making of him and some may have egg on their faces if he realises his potential in 2-3 years time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, QldVilla said:

When referencing Chelski nothing they do makes sense, ie selling Lukaku and buying him back for more.

Abraham was good value at £30m,  he’s a proven PL striker with CL experience, he’s young and can still improve, hence the £65m buy back clause.

Some have written him off, but he will score goals and at 23 has his best years ahead of him. Italy may just be the making of him and some may have egg on their faces if he realises his potential in 2-3 years time.

30m is a no brainer for him for any side even ours. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

Regarding Tammy, was he good value at 30m? Over the last few years wasn't he referenced at the 70m valuation?

Startred very well, looks a better player than when we had him, more complete. Much more to his game than finishing, I think Roma have done a great bit of business, the buy back is double what they paid for him. So worst that will happen is they have two years of a great player and then double their money.

7 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

If a Premier League club wanted him he would have been 10-15m more. It's a bit of a glorified loan for him really. I expect him to be back in the prem after a couple of seasons.

9 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

In normal non covid times (and release clause), they would of cost more, or unavailable 

And the frees was there because Peter brought up Messi, as well as simply being available for free. So many top players being available on free has to do with covid too, surely  

They may be unavailable, but you’re classing the 6th, 7th and 17th most expensive transfers of all time as bargains. That’s ludicrous!

I actually think the covid situation has made it more of a sellers market… but only partly. If a club is financially unstable now (I have no idea which ones are, aside from Barca) they will need to sell and people could find deals here. In most places, though, I think clubs are just not doing much business - almost static and holding on to what they have unless someone comes in with a huge bid for a player allowing them to spend (sort of like Villa).