Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

10 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

They would cost 100m+ I suspect

Yup if buying both but buying one would have cost half the Grealish fee while improving Villa’s midfield. Sarr was another but gone to Spurs for 14m. Sissoko is available at Spurs. Again I feel he would improve Villa’s midfield.

Just now, jacketspuds said:

Where has that come from?

14 minutes ago, striker said:

Yup if buying both but buying one would have cost half the Grealish fee while improving Villa’s midfield. Sarr was another but gone to Spurs for 14m. Sissoko is available at Spurs. Again I feel he would improve Villa’s midfield.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Completely missed that.

Also, thank ****, I thought there was a random link somewhere.

Edited by jacketspuds
  • Like 1

Jens Cajuste wasn't in FC Midtjylland's squad at the weekend ahead of a likely move somewhere... (Brentford? I know others have said we may be interested before too.)

Probably unrelated (but I like to provide points for speculation) but there's a private plane seemingly from Midtjylland's closest airport which looks to be flying in to BHX now.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

I thought Hourihane showed what he is all about with those threaded passes. I imagine he will have plenty of suitors in the championship and will get that move.

I think wages might be a problem with Hourihane, he'll likely have to take a pay cut and might not want to. 

4 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I think wages might be a problem with Hourihane, he'll likely have to take a pay cut and might not want to. 

Very true. I suspect we will end up paying a nominal fee to him to leave.
He’s a good pro so I expect he will want football, but he’s fully entitled to expect some compensation from us to leave.

2 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

I think Houirhane will be relatively easy to move to the Championship, it will be late in the window and it will be down to what % of his wages we will pay. I can't see why we would move Guilbert on. We need backup for Cash with Elmo having left

I think we'd find it easy to move Hourihane to the Championship. The hard part is convincing Hourihane to go to the Championship.

He's not one to sit here on his contract but I wouldn't be surprised if he was targetting one last go at getting minutes in the Premier League this year. He'll fight for that shirt and I wouldn't at all be surprised to see him turn down offers and stay with us, working to get game time in the team.

29 minutes ago, Wes said:

Jens Cajuste wasn't in FC Midtjylland's squad at the weekend ahead of a likely move somewhere... (Brentford? I know others have said we may be interested before too.)

Probably unrelated (but I like to provide points for speculation) but there's a private plane seemingly from Midtjylland's closest airport which looks to be flying in to BHX now.

Correct, was coming to post this regarding that aircraft movement, should be here in half hour or so, 1 passenger 

Sissoko is seen as a bit of a joke, probably due to the crazy high fee he went for at the time. But you aren't completely pony if you're getting 70 caps for France. 

He's a bit too much like McGinn, only less disciplined. We don't need another number 8, he's 32 and he's off to the Middle East anyway, which is probably about right.