Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

This guy is Tier 5 and falls for dumb links so wouldn't give much credence. Anyone with a Twitter account could speculate that we're trying to move Hourihane and Guilbert on

He's getting that from Gregg Evans who has now jumped up to Percy level of information imo. He was always saying if Villa receive a bid of 100m, Grealish will be going to city and everyone on here berated him saying he hates Villa. The Athletic have a lot of quality journo's and a good network of information which he has access to.

His latest article basically saying maybe one more midfielder if Hourihan and Guilbert go but it's not likely and not urgent

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I think wages might be a problem with Hourihane, he'll likely have to take a pay cut and might not want to. 

Surely Hourihan is on Championship wages, when was his last contract renewal? 

8 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Surely Hourihan is on Championship wages, when was his last contract renewal? 

Er no. He was on borderline premier league wages when we signed him about 25K a week I believe. Since then he has had a contract extension so most be on at least 30K+ a week. Most championship players are on 10  grand or less a week.

Edited by The Fun Factory

4 minutes ago, Wes said:

For what it's worth Cajuste's agency CAA Base main office is located in London.

It’s interesting, 1 pax went to the same location a week ago, same handler from bhx. Could be completely unrelated but didn’t we have Bertie visit Denmark last year to avoid quarantine regs?

7 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Er no. He was on borderline premier league wages when we signed him about 25K a week I believe. Since then he has had a contract extension so most be on at least 30K+ a week. Most championship players are on 10  grand or less a week.

Yeah signed an extension after we got promoted. On 30k a week it seems based on google searches. That's tough for a Championship club to pay. Probably complex enough, we want a fee, the buying club want to pay 15-20k wages and Hourihane wants to keep his wages of closer to 30k. If he goes on a free next summer he can get bigger wages as no fee. I can see how this is complex enough.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Inspiration said:

It’s interesting, 1 pax went to the same location a week ago, same handler from bhx. Could be completely unrelated but didn’t we have Bertie visit Denmark last year to avoid quarantine regs?

Aircraft landed, nobody of interest, disregard

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I'd say he got a nice promotion bump up too. Could be close to 40k 

1 hour ago, striker said:

Yup if buying both but buying one would have cost half the Grealish fee while improving Villa’s midfield. Sarr was another but gone to Spurs for 14m. Sissoko is available at Spurs. Again I feel he would improve Villa’s midfield.

I am not convinced by JWP. Great at set pieces but I don't think he would be much of an upgrade. Although Sarr has gone to Spurs he is back on loan to Metz for a year so he wouldn't have improved us. Sissoko, a 32 year old that can't get in the Spurs team on very high wages would be a step back imo. Bissouma is one player I would want but I expect Brighton would  want more than the 50m they got for White. He is class and would be a really good player for us

LAtest on McKennie in the Italian press is that Allegri doesn't want him and the player wants a move to the premier league. Tottenham, Crystal Palace and our good selves being the rumoured destinations. We're the most strongly linked but based on what I have no idea.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

LAtest on McKennie in the Italian press is that Allegri doesn't want him and the player wants a move to the premier league. Tottenham, Crystal Palace and our good selves being the rumoured destinations. We're the most strongly linked but based on what I have no idea.

Apparently he’s a massive fan of El Ghazi and he wants to link up 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Seems all I read are he's going to Spurs for around £40m. Then Palace, Villa, Everton interested too. We won't be signing him

14 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Patrici knows him and signed him for Juve last year too. Makes sense that if Spurs interested and willing to pay big sum he'd go there. 

McKinnie AND Sarr is very good business, even if they leave him on loan at Metz for the season. 

10 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I am getting to the stage that I will be  surprised if we signed anyone even on loan.

We were done with permanent signings after Ings mate.

There hasn't been a proper link since JWP signed his new deal at Southampton. 

Edited by Steero113