Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

6 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I am not sure what it means, but I would like us to sign McKennie

Watch out for #McKennie,he has not convinced #Allegri,he would prefer to stay, the #Juve now pushes for the sale: #AstonVilla the most interested club, there is also the #Tottenham

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

Google translate tells me that the figure I quoted is realistic (not really).

Google translate tells me that we're the most interested club. Or most serious club. (Really).

We were reported to be very interested last year and Smith tends to keeping going for players he really wants, might be a chance then.

• Like 3

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

We were reported to be very interested last year and Smith tends to keeping going for players he really wants, might be a chance then.

Yeah, the interest last year is giving me warm and fuzzy feelings about this one. Sign him and a back up GK and I would be very happy with this window

Thierry Small is joining Southampton.

DIdn't think it would be us, the whole saga of him refusing to return to training and then terminating his scholarship didn't seem our style, normally we sort out deals in the background without fuss and get praised for the way we do business.

6 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Very loosely based on my forgotten and seldom used Italian...

McKennie hasn't convinced Allergi, would prefer to stay but Juve are now trying to sell. Villa are the most interested but Spurs also in the mix.

Not getting my hopes up, but this would be the ultimate meltdown signing for me.  He's top 6 quality and would easily improve both our attack and defense.  For those who don't know him well, imagine if McGinn was 6' tall, much more athletic, better at tackling/winning the ball, but still contributes on offense.  He's NOT a defensive midfielder, but he's a high quality Box-To-Box midfielder or can play as a DLP and tackle/play long balls into the channels on a counter attack.  

• Like 2

McKennie is definitely someone to get excited about. Much better than those random midfielders we were linked to in Ligue 1. Sanson, McKennie, McGinn and Ramsey as our #8s would be absolutely fantastic. 

• Like 1

McKennie has now had a taste of the elite level competitions at one of the worlds successful & biggest clubs. I cannot see him being easily convinced to drop to down our current level, so obviously our (theoretical) chances of signing depends on who else is in for him. Dortmund or Bayern possible interest shouldn’t be discounted   Leipzig to replace Sabitzer ? Champs league clubs will be after him so however much I want us to sign him - finally!  I’m not overly optimistic of our chances and think it will go to deadline day if so.