Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

6 minutes ago, maqroll said:

We used to always go into the new season short on attacking options. Now it's midfield. It's an unbalanced sude as it stands. We will get overrun regularly by better teams.

Our midfield hasn't been overrun yet this season...  We're getting killed on the counter attack right now, as evident by all three of Watford's goals, Wilson's missed sitter, and his offside penalty shout on Saturday.  Adding a more defensive midfielder in the mix won't stop our defenders from getting bamboozled 1v1 by a pacy forward.  

35 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Thought I'd logged in to VillaTalk, not Gay Village!

😁

Nout wrong with being gay, we were all born bi-sexual and later on if life we choose to be straight gay bi, or whatever. 

For the record, I've never been attracted to any dude except for Leon Bailey.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, thunderball said:

From @Whispers:

"hourihane declining 2 offers to outgo. 1 more offer for him still on tables with replacings ready to move quick"

Not sure if he is more Meerkat than Yoda?

I kind of believe this you know.

I reckon Connor is stubborn and will want to fight for his place.

Just comes across as that character.

You can imagine as a footballer, who actually loves playing ( Not a mercenary )not feeling " good enough " can't be easy.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I kind of believe this you know.

I reckon Connor is stubborn and will want to fight for his place.

Just comes across as that character.

You can imagine as a footballer, who actually loves playing ( Not a mercenary )not feeling " good enough " can't be easy.

Struggling in the Championship last season will have scared him I think.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's worried about his next contract. If he goes on loan to the championship and has another bad season, he won't have many offers coming through the door next summer. He'd be better off waiting it out here I imagine and trying to con a three year deal out of someone badly run like Sunderland or Forest.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Struggling in the Championship last season will have scared him I think.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's worried about his next contract. If he goes on loan to the championship and has another bad season, he won't have many offers coming through the door next summer. He'd be better off waiting it out here I imagine and trying to con a three year deal out of someone badly run like Sunderland or Forest.

To be totally fair, 6 goals and 3 assists in 21 starts really isn't bad at all. 

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

To be totally fair, 6 goals and 3 assists in 21 starts really isn't bad at all. 

Back to the El Ghazi debate isn't it. If you think G+A are the be all and end all of a performance, it isn't bad no, it's pretty good actually.

But I've seen what Hourihane the player can offer and he needs to score about 25 a season for how detrimental he is to the rest of your team's game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Back to the El Ghazi debate isn't it. If you think G+A are the be all and end all of a performance, it isn't bad no, it's pretty good actually.

But I've seen what Hourihane the player can offer and he needs to score about 25 a season for how detrimental he is to the rest of your team's game.

I mean that's fairly over the top but I take the general point you're making. 

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I mean that's fairly over the top but I take the general point you're making. 

I don't think it is over the top - I would have gone with a higher number.

I guess the proof of the pudding is asking the Swansea fans if they would want him back?

Like El Ghazi, CH can hit a ball but he is just two yards off the pace and lacks the energy or intensity to play at a high level UNLESS you can build your team around him and just let him do what he does.

Just now, barry'sboots said:

I guess the proof of the pudding is asking the Swansea fans if they would want him back?

Like El Ghazi, CH can hit a ball but he is just two yards off the pace and lacks the energy or intensity to play at a high level UNLESS you can build your team around him and just let him do what he does.

My Swansea supporting mate has no desire for him to go back.  "Too slow.  Too lazy.  Can't believe he ever played in the PL."  And there really isn't a lot of competition in that Swansea side.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

2 minutes ago, allani said:

My Swansea supporting mate has no desire for him to go back.  "Too slow.  Too lazy.  Can't believe he ever played in the PL."  And there really isn't a lot of competition in that Swansea side.

I think if he had scored 25 league goals from Central Midfield they would have changed their mind. 

Again, I get the point on Connor, but 25 goals from CM would be a second tier record in all of the 130 years of the league...

7 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I think if he had scored 25 league goals from Central Midfield they would have changed their mind. 

Again, I get the point on Connor, but 25 goals from CM would be a second tier record in all of the 130 years of the league...

I guess that is the point - he would have to over compensate with goals for the lack of product elsewhere on the pitch.

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Nout wrong with being gay, we were all born bi-sexual and later on if life we choose to be straight gay bi, or whatever. 

For the record, I've never been attracted to any dude except for Leon Bailey.

Nah mate...Speak for yourself. I was deep into minge from the get go. 

• Haha 2