Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Douglas Luiz the only decent player out of that lot (jury out on Sanson). Even Douglas Luiz is wildly inconsistent. 

i think that is a bit harsh. McGinn is decent and Ramsey and Chuk have lots of potential. 

It does hint that we could move for someone if we got players out the door though 

35 minutes ago, useless said:

“At the moment in midfield places I have John McGinn, Douglas Luiz, Marvelous Nakamba, Carney Chukwuemeka, JJ (Jacob Ramsey), Conor Hourihane and Morgan Sanson coming back from injury. “There are a lot of numbers in there and I think to add to that would be stockpiling players a little bit. Players would probably need to move out before we moved anyone in for that area.”

Express & Star

Makes sense that we can’t really bring in another midfielder with so many on the books. Hopefully we’re looking to shift Hourihane on at least. 

Perhaps this is the reason why Smith alluded to no more signings the other day, i.e. we need to make room in the squad before bringing in any more new faces.

The ‘we’re happy with what we’ve got’ line may just be Smith being pragmatic with the press — a way of being respectful to the unwanted players in case we are unable to move them on and end up having to play them out of necessity. This is the hope I’m clinging onto, anyway.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Makes sense that we can’t really bring in another midfielder with so many on the books. Hopefully we’re looking to shift Hourihane on at least. 

Perhaps this is the reason why Smith alluded to no more signings the other day, i.e. we need to make room in the squad before bringing in any more new faces.

The ‘we’re happy with what we’ve got’ line may just be Smith being pragmatic with the press — a way of being respectful to the unwanted players in case we are unable to move them on and end up having to play them out of necessity. This is the hope I’m clinging onto, anyway.

Mourinho would be like " Well, what can we do? We Khaave Conor, he sinks he is Ward - Prowse , but in reality kkhee is a shit Ashley Westwood wkhoo can sometimes score free kicks. But zis is our situation and better I speak nasing, I'm khappy "

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 minute ago, KAZZAM said:

Conor shouldn't be counted at all, He's got no future here. 

Makes it 4 senior midfielders and 2 youngings.

Hardly stacked. 

Just because you don't rate Conor doesn't mean you can't count Conor 

We still have to pay him so he does count it's not like we can throw him in the bin cause were finished with him

• Like 1

McGinn would look better if we was allowed to go forward and we had either a more reliable  DM than Luiz or one that could actually pass instead of Nakamba. McGinn best time with us was in the first season in the Championship when Jack was injured and he was allowed to roam forward and had either Whelan or Jedinak doing the dirty work.

So in hindsight maybe we should have sold Luiz and actually bought a proper DM. Luiz is good and will improve but at the moment I never really think he works in our set up. Perhaps Smith is hoping he will mature this season and be that DM we need.

Edited by The Fun Factory

10 minutes ago, AV82 said:

We've always been shit at selling players. Hope we turn that around and get a few out the door.

It annoys me when players like Jordon ibe get sold for £15m yet the consensus of selling AEG for anything more than £10m is daylight robbery by us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Did we or did he prefer Spurs?

Honestly, don't think we were ever serious. We already have two teenage midfielders in the first team. This kid isn't ready for the Prem so we don't have £20 lying around on a project. 

4 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Honestly, don't think we were ever serious. We already have two teenage midfielders in the first team. This kid isn't ready for the Prem so we don't have £20 lying around on a project. 

Stingy f***ers!!

1 hour ago, gaffer85 said:

Just because you don't rate Conor doesn't mean you can't count Conor 

We still have to pay him so he does count it's not like we can throw him in the bin cause were finished with him

Actually that is exactly what we can do, we simply don't register him in the premier league squad.

We still have to pay him if he doesn't leave on loan or permanently, so what.

7 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Actually that is exactly what we can do, we simply don't register him in the premier league squad.

We still have to pay him if he doesn't leave on loan or permanently, so what.

Easy for you to say since it isn't your money. I get the bad eggs that get tossed to the reserves. Connor's not that, he's been a model professional his entire time here.  He is still a plus to have in and around the squad, especially one as young as ours. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Easy for you to say since it isn't your money. I get the bad eggs that get tossed to the reserves. Connor's not that, he's been a model professional his entire time here.  He is still a plus to have in and around the squad, especially one as young as ours. 

🙄

He isn’t good enough that’s the be all and end all of it.

• Like 1