Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

4 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

We have all the amortised costs we have built up to pay this season too which count towards FFP. It may sound great that we can take in 100m and spending 100m now will 'only' cost us 20m/25m a year. But we have last year's 25m to pay this year too and we have the 30m odd from the previous year to pay this year too. That's 75m for this season we already have to pay. We lost 99.2m in '19/20 and are only permitted to lose 105m over the P&S accounting period. Yes, I believe there is money to spend but the amount will be limited

Can't we just ignore that and then appeal like Citeh?

• Like 1

Would anyone take Lookman? I reckon we could get him for circa 15m and he’d be a good option off the left. 

Right now, two central midfielders are the absolute priority, but if an opportunity came up to get Lookman, I think a 3 of Lookman, Buendia and Bailey behind Watkins/Ings would be superb. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, jimmyhota_avfc said:

Actually I don’t think that’s the case, because it’s probably coming from Juventus and it’s not like he name dropped who the club is who made the bid. If it was from Villa, he’d say “Aston Villa have made a bid for McKennie.” 

Nah. 

Just now, Xela said:

I'm sure there are some people that are more interested in us just signing player after player. Its like the thrill of the speculation and chase is the best thing. When they sign they become irrelevant. I get it, its exciting. The dopamine hit of the signing, the positive vibes of the player being interviewed and praising the club. It's thrilling to watch. How about giving the current team a chance though? 

FWIW I think we'll sign 1 or 2 more, maybe loans. 

For some, perhaps. I’m more focused and excited on us signing players we need rather than stockpiling and chasing any old player. 

I’ll feel a sense of relief more than anything when we finally sign a decent central midfielder!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

There are dozens of midfielders across Europe that would improve us. This idea that there is only a handful that we can possibly sign is nonsense. 

This isn't Football Manager 2021. 

I imagine our manager, coaching staff, sporting director and team of analysts know exactly what sort of players we need to progress and who they are. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

For some, perhaps. I’m more focused and excited on us signing players we need rather than stockpiling and chasing any old player. 

I’ll feel a sense of relief more than anything when we finally sign a decent central midfielder!

I'm sure we will sign the mythical midfielder we all crave! :) 

Just now, Xela said:

I imagine our manager, coaching staff, sporting director and team of analysts know exactly what sort of players we need to progress and who they are. 

Cliche answer. 

Im not saying it’s football manager, nor am I questioning the fact that we probably have some smart people working at the club. 

We need a midfielder or two, and we’re doing nothing about it. 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Getting the absolute ideal player, sure.

Getting a significant upgrade that won't lose value is easy.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Well no one knows that. But even if they won't, what's the big deal or worry? 

If the owners reach a point where they think Dean is not the man to take us forward then we'll get someone else. Football will still continue. Aston Villa will still continue. 

Definitely not right? Because? Things look fine to me. 

dont think its owners not known for quick fads bit smith could end up a eddie how

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Cliche answer. 

Im not saying it’s football manager, nor am I questioning the fact that we probably have some smart people working at the club. 

We need a midfielder or two, and we’re doing nothing about it. 

How do you know that? We've supposedly bid for ESR and JWP at some point this summer so the club are definitely looking at the midfield. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Would anyone take Lookman? I reckon we could get him for circa 15m and he’d be a good option off the left. 

Right now, two central midfielders are the absolute priority, but if an opportunity came up to get Lookman, I think a 3 of Lookman, Buendia and Bailey behind Watkins/Ings would be superb. 

If he's available for that fee I'd definitely take him, although I doubt Smith wants any more attackers currently.

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

Huh what do you mean Bailey is injured 😕 .. where has this come from

What I heard yesterday as well.

However Deano has said it's just down to him not being fully fit.

So won't start, but will feature?

49 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Edit: just saw someone's already mentioned on previous page

Pape Matar Sarr to Spurs for €10m + €5m in add ons allegedly

Nuno must have said spurs were finished in the transfer market. So Metz lowered the price.

• Haha 4

I think the concerns of our midfield are valid. You can argue Buendia is Grealish replacement and that’s fine but nothing has really changed since last season when at times we got overrun with the current midfield we have. I personally think people are right to be concerned by this. Against Watford it wasn’t pretty at times in midfield.. and that was Watford. 

26 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

We have all the amortised costs we have built up to pay this season too which count towards FFP. It may sound great that we can take in 100m and spending 100m now will 'only' cost us 20m/25m a year. But we have last year's 25m to pay this year too and we have the 30m odd from the previous year to pay this year too. That's 75m for this season we already have to pay. We lost 99.2m in '19/20 and are only permitted to lose 105m over the P&S accounting period. Yes, I believe there is money to spend but the amount will be limited

I’m not disputing that, that’s already taken into account in my answer although said.  On the FFP thread somebody has already laid out as best as they can a detailed version of our FFP position and my comment was based on that.  Our spend this window has dramatically opened up based on this 100m payment in regards to FFP and now we aren’t close to breaching FFP even if we spent big because of how we can amortise any new purchasing fees.

• Like 2

Just now, dudevillaisnice said:

I think the concerns of our midfield are valid. You can argue Buendia is Grealish replacement and that’s fine but nothing has really changed since last season when at times we got overrun with the current midfield we have. I personally think people are right to be concerned by this. Against Watford it wasn’t pretty at times in midfield.. and that was Watford. 

Whoooaaaa. That kind of sane analysis gets you in all kinds of bother on here.

We’re not allowed to reference the Watford game as it was the first game of the season and we had a couple of injuries.

Everything is fine and we’ll start our push for Europe tomorrow..

• Like 1