Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

59 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Problem with this is Bailey is marvellous (no pun intended) with his left foot so playing as RW is perfect for him, as a LW that cutting in to shoot becomes much more difficult, yes Buendia needs to play that Barkley role and toughen up abit more. Would then like a Auoar type player to challenge Mcginn. 

But then if we play Bailey right, Buendia middle , we have no one good enough on the left. And I don’t want Ollie to play there just because he has before. It’s hard to know what’s going to work best for us 

Ndombele incoming, Ashley Preece and Tugboat Betty have heard though the grapevine that no one has linked Tanguy with us but that should not stop any further rumour or insane tickle tackle prevailing forthwith. 

No one what so ever was available to comment.

8 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Forum gonna have a mini meltdown if Pape Sarr moves on the cheap to Spurs.

I think despite what we may think as hardcore Villa fans - Its my opinion that we are probably still a lot harder to sell to a young player on the continent than Spurs for example.

Not the case anymore for youth level starlets in the UK at least anymore - will take time for our profile etc to match for normal transfers, we will get there but will take time

Who's to say that £15m is cheap for Mata Sarr, people are only perceiving it to be so because of the earlier reports of him being worth £25m plus, but it was always unlikely that he was ever going to be sold for that much, was just made up figure by the clickbait sites.

I also thought it was also highly unlikely that we'd be interested in bringing a midfielder of his age, especially considering the amount of talented midfielders we've got coming through at the moment, Iroegbrunam who's a similar player it seems, hasn't turned down the chance to play for Albion in the championship just to play for our U23s, he will have been told that there's a route for him into our first team.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Awol said:
3 hours ago, useless said:

Spurs paid £54m and he’s under contract until 2025. 

Cracking player but Levy will want the moon on a stick for him. 

Sky reporting that he would probably be available for about 50m. 

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Which rules us out, because we don’t leak. 

Actually I don’t think that’s the case, because it’s probably coming from Juventus and it’s not like he name dropped who the club is who made the bid. If it was from Villa, he’d say “Aston Villa have made a bid for McKennie.” 

• Like 1

With the exception of Ings, pretty much every one of our transfers has been talked about in the press days or sometimes weeks in advance of it happening. This ideal that people have of our transfers not being known about until they happen because just isn't true.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

By which time we may need to replace Watkins and Bailey because we haven't progressed enough.

This idea that we can only buy a certain amount of players each summer is daft tbh. Good footballers will improve us and we have the money to get them so what are we waiting for?

What if the top 5 midfielder we targeted this summer have either been sold or are unavailable? We just go after someone else in a Brewster's Millions fashion?

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

I am quite surprised Conor is still here. Thought he would have gone out on loan by now. I don't think he has a future at Villa, but thanks for his efforts with us.

I’m not. He’s on 30k a week and his loan spell at Swansea wasn’t really a success. I can’t see anyone taking him tbh, not unless we massively subsidise the wages.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

What if the top 5 midfielder we targeted this summer have either been sold or are unavailable? We just go after someone else in a Brewster's Millions fashion?

There are dozens of midfielders across Europe that would improve us. This idea that there is only a handful that we can possibly sign is nonsense. 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

That's fast becoming your stock answer tbh, Jonah. 'Look where we've come from' etc. Almost as if we don't deserve to progress and we shouldn't expect to want to.

Yes we've broken our club record but we've also lost the best player the club has ever had for £100m. Right now, I don't think we'll have a great season. Sorry if I'm being entitled. 

I am massively frustrated we haven't made a couple more signings, I agree entirely with your reply.

My frustration will greatly reduce if the club says something along the lines of we want to run balanced accounts from now on so we know what to expect.

My expectations are built on what has been provided since they came here, if that continues this summer then we have a big opportunity.

Edited by paul514

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Nope because we can amortise their fee for purchases over the contract whereas the 100m from snake boy sale is taken now.  Easily buy now because of that.

We have all the amortised costs we have built up to pay this season too which count towards FFP. It may sound great that we can take in 100m and spending 100m now will 'only' cost us 20m/25m a year. But we have last year's 25m to pay this year too and we have the 30m odd from the previous year to pay this year too. That's 75m for this season we already have to pay. We lost 99.2m in '19/20 and are only permitted to lose 105m over the P&S accounting period. Yes, I believe there is money to spend but the amount will be limited

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

There are dozens of midfielders across Europe that would improve us. This idea that there is only a handful that we can possibly sign is nonsense. 

Agree again, I could literally name absolutely loads. It only becomes hard to improve when you have a good working midfield already.

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

We have all the amortised costs we have built up to pay this season too which count towards FFP. It may sound great that we can take in 100m and spending 100m now will 'only' cost us 20m/25m a year. But we have last year's 25m to pay this year too and we have the 30m odd from the previous year to pay this year too. That's 75m for this season we already have to pay. We lost 99.2m in '19/20 and are only permitted to lose 105m over the P&S accounting period. Yes, I believe there is money to spend but the amount will be limited

rs_500x270-150415095544-tumblr_nbhxy35L6