Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

12 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

It annoys me when players like Jordon ibe get sold for £15m yet the consensus of selling AEG for anything more than £10m is daylight robbery by us.

Exactly, I totally agree with this. Ibe will never score the amount of premier league goals in his career as El Ghazi did last season. Penalties or not. 

I imagine if El Ghazi went on to another club and did well we’d have the same ppl saying we should have persisted with him. For me El Ghazi is a decent squad option for where we currently are. Unpopular opinion on Villa Talk, who cares.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, hippo said:

People go on line when they want to moan ! Hence poor feedback for example has to be taken in context that people who are happy often don't bother with a review.

Obviously massive strides in the past 3 years - and another mid table finish would be fine by me.

My concern, anxiety, Stockholm thingy , fear call it whatever is that from now on - the money invested will yield much smaller gains and people may think we'll what's point throwing another £100m at players to only get 7th (for example) 

I think know it maybe a waiting game until some of the youth prospects bloom into the real deal.

I appreciate your response and I understand that people are a little bit tetchy after a somewhat tumultuous summer.

The only thing I would like to highlight is that people don’t have to moan when they go online - that’s a choice that people make.

UTV.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Creeper said:

And of course....a youtube link!

Karim El Ahmadi Mk2? 

Can't say I ever heard of him. Quick google say he's a 23 y.o former Dutch U-21 midfielder, Can play CM/DCM/RM and that his contract expires next summer.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

I appreciate your response and I understand that people are a little bit tetchy after a somewhat tumultuous summer.

The only thing I would like to highlight is that people don’t have to moan when they go online - that’s a choice that people make.

UTV.

Of course. But that's how we all differ. Remi Garde still had few people on here singing his praises after months of defeats. !!!

The window is only a week away from being done. Rightly or wrongly the focus switches to on field events now.

23 minutes ago, May-Z said:

Its exactly the type of weird foreign link that often proves to be the first in relation to an eventual signing.

Fits the age profile and the position profile. We’ll probably have a ‘Welcome to Villa’ post from the AVFC Twitter in a couple of days 😁

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

3.5million euros? That seems crazy low for any senior player we would want.

I know what you mean, I don’t like the idea that we measure footballers ability in terms of how much they cost though. There’s answers for an against this btw.

In the video he looks like a pacier version of Hojbjerg - in saying that though Sqenf Foot sounds more like a bacterial disease than a serious footballing publication.

4 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

3.5million euros? That seems crazy low for any senior player we would want.

Hourihane, McGinn.

Elsewhere, Mahrez, Kante, the fabled Michu.

🤷🏻‍♂️ who knows, maybe shit maybe good. £3.5m is like putting £5 on a 1075/1 Acca though isn't it. Who cares and hopefully it comes off

21 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Hourihane, McGinn.

Elsewhere, Mahrez, Kante, the fabled Michu.

🤷🏻‍♂️ who knows, maybe shit maybe good. £3.5m is like putting £5 on a 1075/1 Acca though isn't it. Who cares and hopefully it comes off

Oh no, my point isn't that he's shit. There's always underpriced gems to be found out there.

Just a bit unbelievable considering our current status and recent spending patterns. So much so that I'm somewhat doubting that its real.