Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

6 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

£25m is a little disrespectful given he just signed a new deal.

He signed his deal last year, same as Jack. It's no more disrespectful than City's bid.

Do we just price every target at £25 million? I understand starting low in negotiations but there's that and just being laughed out of the room and that kind of bid falls on the side of the latter.

All this is mental anyway. Would happily just shut off from football for a few weeks at this rate and just see where the squad is at for the opening game.

£25m for Ward Prowse isn't an 'insulting' bid far from it, I don't know why Villa fans have got it into their heads that he's worth £50m plus, he really isn't, most Southampton fans I've seen whilst suggesting that they should ask for more rate him in the £25m to £30m bracket.

Neves from Wolves who I personally don't think is better than Ward Prowse but many do, is reportedly going to leave Wolves for around £35m.

Edited by useless

Just now, Indigo said:

Do we just price every target at £25 million? I understand starting low in negotiations but there's that and just being laughed out of the room and that kind of bid falls on the side of the latter.

All this is mental anyway. Would happily just shut off from football for a few weeks at this rate and just see where the squad is at for the opening game.

PTSD from dealing with Brentford 😉

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

£25m? No chance that story is true.

It would be hypocritical for us to be pissed about the offer from City for Grealish if we then offer £25m for Southampton's captain.

It's true. Ornstein reported it. He is 'Tier 1'.

The £25m bit is daft. I think it would need to be £40m+. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

Okay let's mentally spend the Grealish money.

JWP, Bailey and £30-£40m change.  Where you spending the rest?

On another attacking ball carrier that can win us lots of free kicks. No idea who that is but hopefully the scouts know.

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

Okay let's mentally spend the Grealish money.

JWP, Bailey and £30-£40m change.  Where you spending the rest?

Let's presume Bailey isn't included as negotiations started prior to the Grealish talk. 

Marcus Thuram or Doku for the LW position, for me.

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It's true. Ornstein reported it. He is 'Tier 1'.

The £25m bit is daft. I think it would need to be £40m+. 

Is he Tier 1 or just Arsenal Tier 1

Just now, Pissflaps said:

And people are happy for Grealish to leave? Ward Prowse is the best we can do to build a replacement team? Wow that smells of a bad season incoming

Ward Prowse isn't a team. He is 1 of a potential few players to come in to improve the overall team.. 

Literally makes no sense.

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

And people are happy for Grealish to leave? Ward Prowse is the best we can do to build a replacement team? Wow that smells of a bad season incoming

Like replacing a Rolex with a Michael Kors watch.

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

Eh? JWP wouldn't be replacing Grealish, he'd transform our midfield into a solid unit. Even if Jack stays I'd want JWP in after Bailey. He's the Gareth Barry we never replaced. 

• Like 4