Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

So, you have £135m to spend (ESR bid of £35m + £100m for Jack). 

How are you spending it?

DM - Kamara (£20m)

CM - Ward-Prowse (£45m)

Winger - Bailey (£40m)

ST - Alvarez (£15m)

CB - Schurrs (£15m)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

How are you spending it?

Our attractiveness to players will drop considerably if Jack goes because instead of looking like a club wanting to challenge for European places we look like a midtable team going nowhere and a selling club. I’m not saying we are this but for non-Villa, outsiders, this is how we’d look.  I’m thinking the players we’d want might not come to us.  It would be a major blow to the project this summer.  Also teams will know we are loaded so suddenly prices shoot up and we get no value for money.

11 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

How are you spending it?

I spend it on rejecting any bid for Jack. 

17 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

How are you spending it?

For me:

£40m Bailey

£15-20m Kamara

£20-25m Edouard

£15m Alvarez

£45m Saint-Maximin

Probably puts me just over.

Ollie

ASM.       Buendia.       Bailey

Kamara.  McGinn

Targett. Mings. Konsa.  Cash

Emi

Then Tuanzebe on a loan.

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 2

I'm also pretty massively worried that we're either going to not adequately upgrade the squad post Jack.... Or that we do the old implement too many new transfers into a team in one go.

Both of those end with a relegation battle.

It's a fine balance for NSWE and Dean to keep and only 2 weeks in which to do the majority of it.

18 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Well, we're about to get caned for everyone. This is a tricky one financially.

Bailey won't be coming for under £40m now.

Ward-Prowse and McNeil will cost over £50m a piece.

I would do business with Bayer at 40. We need to accept we'll have to slightly overpay.

JWP and McNeil are a different story - neither are worth anything in the region of 50. Steer clear. We'd get both Brandt and Alvarez for 50, or near enough, and still have another 45-50 to spend.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I would do business with Bayer at 40. We need to accept we'll have to slightly overpay.

JWP and McNeil are a different story - neither are worth anything in the region of 50. Steer clear. We'd get both Brandt and Alvarez for 50, or near enough, and still have another 45-50 to spend.

Much prefer McNeil to Brandt myself, and I'd be happy with £50m. I don't think they'd accept that bid.

Brandt too soft for my liking, got it all but ends up being a kind of cross between El Ghazi and Grealish.

Also, I think I'm probably undercooking it with Bailey. If Leverkusen know we have £100m, I'm not sure they'll be selling quickly if we aren't getting towards a £50m bid as well.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Confused 1

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

I do like him.

Me too and feel like he's more direct, fans-off-their-seats than say McNeil. And more end product than Cantwell.

At 24 he's younger than i thought he was too with room to develop further

• Like 1

Need to push on with realistic targets now. I'm all for ambition but frankly it feels like we have spent a large proportion of this transfer window chasing players who we have very little chance of signing.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

How are you spending it?

I wouldn't. Just continue with our current targets and wait till next window or next summer to see how the team plays with our new additions then strengthen based on that.

This squad without Jack in it are not going to get relegated. Our new adds are too strong.

Keep the cash and wait till we need it. We most definitely do not need it if Jack leaves. It just means we will be aiming for a top half finish rather than Europe this season. I am fine with that.

We are an improving squad with ambitious plans. If jack doesn't want to be a part of that then fair enough. Doesnt mean we should change our ambition. Just take the money and invest it wisely without time pressure.

For the curious the prize money for winning the Champions League final is ~20M. Double that for the contest as a whole. So yeah if we just receive money equal to winning the champions league.... twice ...then its hardly a crisis.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

Just now, ciggiesnbeer said:

I wouldn't. Just continue with our current targets and wait till next window or next summer to see how the team plays with our new additions then strengthen based on that.

This squad without Jack in it are not going to get relegated. Our new adds are too strong.

Keep the cash and wait till we need it. We most definitely do not need it if Jack leaves. It just means we will be aiming for a top half finish rather than Europe this season. I am fine with that.

We are an improving squad with ambitious plans. If jack doesn't want to be a part of that then fair enough. Doesnt mean we should change our ambition. Just take the money and invest it wisely without time pressure.

Risk that it gives the wrong signals to other targets and more importantly to the squad. I doubt we're there yet but we aren't far from Konsa, Martinez, Ollie getting attention. They need to understand we are still progressing and investing.

Net spend of -£47m this window would be damaging imo.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Me too and feel like he's more direct, fans-off-their-seats than say McNeil. And more end product than Cantwell.

At 24 he's younger than i thought he was too with room to develop further

ASM is valued closer to £70m unfortunately. It would definitely take more than 50.

i wonder with:

• 33m signing of Buendia.
  • 30m offer for ESR.
  • 25m alleged offer for JWP
  • Offers we prob dont know about.

That we probably knew this Grealish saga was gonna kick off lol, and were trying to get players in b4 it blew up.