Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

10 minutes ago, sne said:

Losing Grealish would suck so much, but it also can not be that surprising that the top clubs come looking when we have such a player.

Been bracing for interest in our Copa America hero also to be honest - as you say, it comes with the territory with having great players

As many have also said, inc @Made In Aston just now - we have to have faith the improvements in both the general recruitment team and youth set up will stand us in good stead whatever may happen with outgoings.

Fingers crossed Jack and NSWE come out on Monday giving the 2 fingers to the rest of the footballing world

UTV

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Absolutely and the progress has been great. But realistically we aren't getting Europe next season, I think top half will be a challenge. But I think a lot of our fans will expect it because all we hear is about how ambitious they are. 

Our actions so far are not matching a club with aspirations of challenging the big 4/6 clubs in the league. 

I'm hopeful things will look quite different by the end of the window.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Absolutely and the progress has been great. But realistically we aren't getting Europe next season, I think top half will be a challenge. But I think a lot of our fans will expect it because all we hear is about how ambitious they are. 

Our actions so far are not matching a club with aspirations of challenging the big 4/6 clubs in the league. 

I echo your sentiments exactly. We can't sell our best player and captain and make delusional claims of grandeur. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

I don’t want any of their players. We tried that before when we sold Milner and got Ireland. He was rubbish and no where near good enough. 

So we get a player who they think is a tenth as good as Jack?? Sounds like a plan 👍 

Just saw the Ben White transfer finally being made official.

Honestly, I feel like Ben white being good on the ball is one of those things that have been repeated so much by everyone that people have just taken it as truth. I doubt all the people saying it have actually watched Brighton play much.

1 hour ago, Danishlad said:

I don’t want any of their players. We tried that before when we sold Milner and got Ireland. He was rubbish and no where near good enough. 

Exactly. If they offered us £90m + Bernardo Silva then maybe we'd have something close to equitable.

1 minute ago, Danishlad said:

80 mill and sterling and Foden. 

Sterling is shite. Doesn’t add anything to that equation. Ball hogging, brainless, speed merchant.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

If we assume 100m for Grealish (if he goes), we have signed Buendia for 33m, so according to the FFP thread that left us with 30-40m ish left to spend.

So if all this happened, we might have 130-140m to spend to improve the first 11.

This is how i would spend it (estimated cost):

• 30m on a DM.
  • 35m on a CAM.
  • 35m on a LW.
  • 15m on a DC.

That leaves us with 15-25m to either bank for Jan or next summer (or just add to the player purchases this summer).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

“A talented left winger who scored 6 in 28 during his loan for Lincoln City.”

-from a man city buddy of mine.

This rumour feels like it has got a bit of something to it. Morgan Rogers is someone we would really be interested in. (See this link) If you really were trying to sweeten a deal…

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

“A talented left winger who scored 6 in 28 during his loan for Lincoln City.”

-from a man city buddy of mine.

Roll out the **** red carpet then, what's the delay

• Haha 1