Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

12 minutes ago, hippo said:

Might be a laaaandan lad through and through ???

Yeah probably just would’ve thought more interest for a talent like that at 19 yrs old for about 8m even if it was a London thing with the likes of Spurs, Arsenal, West Ham and co.  

Fair play to Palace!  Just feels too good to be true for them, just feels like I’m missing something like an attitude problem or a potential medical issue down the line or other clubs didn’t think he could step up….or maybe it is as simple that Palace stole a March on everybody else and wrapped it up quickly.

Anyway we didn’t seem interested so onwards and upwards…

We're not looking for a development type number 10. We've already got one of those in Chukwuemeka, who I strongly suspect will have a big role to play this coming season. 

We are looking for somebody we can be confident will slot straight into our attacking 3. Somebody like Emile Smith Rowe, for example. That's not to say Olise definitely won't be that player, but we appear to have moved on from this type of signing as a club. It doesn't strike me as a 'key, strategic signing'. 

• Like 3

I think now with all the data available there’s a lot of push for players who are clearly and identifiably talented. However what we don’t see and our recruitment team (who I think have been outstanding to date) seem to be all over, is analysing these players character and mentality. 

There were rumours last year we were in for Eze but it was also talked about that he wanted to stay down South. It may very well be the same with Olise. 

I read somewhere though that he’s a bit of a Billy Big Bollox so might be why we passed, if indeed interested at all. 

Our apple cart is harmonious and galvanised at present and I don’t think the powers that be at Villa will want that jeopardised by any new recruits. 

I think we put a lot on who our players are as people, not just footballers, long may this continue in my eyes. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Yeah probably just would’ve thought more interest for a talent like that at 19 yrs old for about 8m even if it was a London thing with the likes of Spurs, Arsenal, West Ham and co.  

Fair play to Palace!  Just feels too good to be true for them, just feels like I’m missing something like an attitude problem or a potential medical issue down the line or other clubs didn’t think he could step up….or maybe it is as simple that Palace stole a March on everybody else and wrapped it up quickly.

Anyway we didn’t seem interested so onwards and upwards…

I believe Palace had been into this transfer even before Roy left

• Thanks 1

On 07/07/2021 at 23:06, skarroki said:

You are off your rocker. Absolutely incredible you can convince yourself of this let alone think you can convince anyone else. 

Saying Traore is better than Foden? Living in a fantasy. 

I dont agree with this part but its good he gots some support as  for some vocal people on here Traore is one of the worst players to ever grace a football pitch because some Lyon fans said it and are afraid to look stupid by changing there mind after seeing him play

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

As level headed as ever:

yep I doubt we were ever interested in him, the fact that he went to the 14th place team that will probably be relegated shows the market wasnt that hot on him. Sure he was supposed to go to Bayern at one stage

28 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Come on then @nick76 

Time to reveal all…

Damn it, I knew Brian Little would give me away…😂

Wished I knew anything to be honest, although given how much stuff is made up these days this alleged ITK probably knows as much as me which is friggin nothing and just making stuff up to get likes.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Damn it, I knew Brian Little would give me away…😂

Wished I knew anything to be honest, although given how much stuff is made up these days this alleged ITK probably knows as much as me which is friggin nothing and just making stuff up to get likes.  

spacer.png

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

They are waiting for Euros to wrap up. 

I don’t think so, granted earlier in the tournament with so many teams involved it hinders activity.

With only two left I think it’s more likely offers are in now and being mulled over by club and player whilst we are in that period of time where they are on a break and before pre season.

I would think it will all hot up over the next week or so

11 hours ago, KMitch said:

Pretty sure this is exactly what we're starting to do, but at the Academy level instead of the U23 level.  

Fully aware of that but when players like Olise Come up for fees like this then we should still be on it, no guarantee we get him though as he might be a starter for Palace but highly unlikely for us just yet and that will be a deciding factor.