Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

7 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Yes mate, of all the links I'd say King would be the same sort of nightmare as the likes of zog, mcormack and the king klingon .

So glad those days are over… we’ve put up with too much shit and wasted so much money for far too long…

Let the good times roll!

I've often wondered if there is someone at the club who tells the kit maker that the socks have to be blue, etc.

I want the black socks Villa wore back in mid century days. Looks killer.

I’ve read Ashley Preece’s Q&A and what a load of shite.  The guy has no contacts at the club, in his day today reporting just reports what others report and has no more inside knowledge that anybody on this forum.  He just gets paid for it.  You could’ve asked me and got similar answers.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfers-sarr-grealish-21016733

Smith Rowe, Jack Grealish, Louie Barry, Ward-Prowse, Sarr - Aston Villa transfer questions answered

On 08/07/2021 at 14:55, villa4europe said:

I thought the whole point of the athletic was not to do that kind of shit

No they're the same shit just marketed at the middle class. 

20 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’ve read Ashley Preece’s Q&A and what a load of shite.  The guy has no contacts at the club, in his day today reporting just reports what others report and has no more inside knowledge that anybody on this forum.  He just gets paid for it.  You could’ve asked me and got similar answers.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfers-sarr-grealish-21016733

I agree totally but when have any of the BMail journos had any reliable sources at the club. It’s a comic paper.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’ve read Ashley Preece’s Q&A and what a load of shite.  The guy has no contacts at the club, in his day today reporting just reports what others report and has no more inside knowledge that anybody on this forum.

The guy is full of shit.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rayk said:

Sorry, I forgot this thread is about players we don’t sign……

Haha fair come back.  I was genuinely being helpful, just letting you it was being discussed elsewhere if you were interested but I probably did come off as the usual prick I am 🤣

• Like 1

I know this isn’t the Academy or U23 thread but you have to admire the club’s new strategy of bringing in the best youngsters they can.

I mean, we won the FA Youth Cup  last season and a lot of clubs would have sat back and thought we’ve saved £50m+.

But what have we done? We’ve said that’s gone now and we’ve signed Feeny, Pierre, Burchall and (up the age range) Tim Ironbrew (😉).

What those 4 signings mean is that every player in that U18 squad will be looking over their shoulder as to whose coming through and that’s easily the best way to get the best out of the players that did win the FA Youth Cup.

• Like 1