Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

4 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

You can respect his opinion on everything but his own players. He things John stones is better than laporte who I think is pretty much a consensus top 10 cb in world football atm. Probably top 5 with Ramos and VVDs injuries. 

Stones has been outstanding this season for me, Laporte has had a lot of injuries this season but is still a fine player. Both of them are excellent players who he has coached and improved 

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Because Foden is an average at best Premier league starter and I think that is generous. I'd definitely have Traore over him if you ignore age.

Messi was probably the 2nd best player in world football at the time pep first coached him (and he would have known him as he coached barca B from when Messi was 17). Its a **** ridiculous claim. 

Foden isn’t an average at best PL starter, for me, he is a fantastic player. Are you saying that you think that Bertrand Traore is better than him? I think Traore is a great player but he doesn’t track back. I’d say that Foden is a better footballer than Traore and has a better work ethic too. Hence, why Traore was discarded by Chelsea but I think that Dean Smith can improve that side of his game on the training ground 

7 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why do you say that?

I explained earlier…

Dont worry, it’s not of any importance.

He’s a top manager and will continue to be successful.

I just like our manager 😉

10 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He was a fantastic player and is one of the best coaches in the world. We should respect his views 

In general, you are right....but high profile managers have an agenda for saying what is beneficial to them.....They promote stuff due to self interest......Fergie was  a past master at it.

but they get things wrong too, when you think of how many decisions they make a few stray ones are inevitable.

as just one example....why did Luis Enrique play Oyarzabal in leiu or Morata.....or why did he take so long to take off a player, clearly not at the races.....My point is, top managers, do make mistakes too.

• Like 1

Just now, Jas10 said:

I explained earlier…

Dont worry, it’s not of any importance.

He’s a top manager and will continue to be successful.

I just like our manager 😉

I like our manager too, I think he can become one of the best in the country 

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Biggest loads of BS ever, he is one of the finest youngsters in the league.  He is a great talent that is up there with the best young players in the league like Saka and co.

He’s an amazing talent. He’ll be tearing it up on a regular basis, whoever he’s playing for in 3/4 years time imo.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TRO said:

In general, you are right....but high profile managers have an agenda for saying what is beneficial to them.....They promote stuff due to self interest......Fergie was  a past master at it.

but they get things wrong too, when you think of how many decisions they make a few stray ones are inevitable.

as just one example....why did Luis Enrique play Oyarzabal in leiu or Morata.....or why did he take so long to take off a player, clearly not at the races.....My point is, top managers, do make mistakes too.

I think you’re spot on here but even top managers make mistakes and learn from them even a golden oldie like Bielsa. 

Morata just needs a goal, he’s still a great centre forward for me, leads the line very well

Are you saying that the likes of Fergie only look after number one? If so, I think you are right to an extent but he also nurtured Cristiano Ronaldo and was a Father figure to him in his team and brought through the class of 92 and developed them so well 

1 minute ago, 7392craig said:

He’s an amazing talent. He’ll be tearing it up on a regular basis, whoever he’s playing for in 3/4 years time imo.

I disagree with MotoMkali on most things but he still amazes me every time he brings up something new.  His Foden assessment is just bonkers, Foden is a quality talent that just continues to get better and better…

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Maybe but that isn't right now where he is an average player. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I disagree with MotoMkali on most things but he still amazes me every time he brings up something new.  His Foden assessment is just bonkers, Foden is a quality talent that just continues to get better and better…

We aren't talking about dele alli here. Foden was an average player this season. There are a number of English players who are similar in age who are just better. Mount, Saka, ESR, Reece James, Eze, Tomori, Konsa, Sancho, Bellingham. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Foden isn’t an average at best PL starter, for me, he is a fantastic player. Are you saying that you think that Bertrand Traore is better than him? I think Traore is a great player but he doesn’t track back. I’d say that Foden is a better footballer than Traore and has a better work ethic too. Hence, why Traore was discarded by Chelsea but I think that Dean Smith can improve that side of his game on the training ground 

Although I agree with you in what you’re saying, but getting discarded by Chelsea isn’t an answer for anything. They sold Salah, KDB, Akè, Lukaku and many more. For aome reason, all weren’t good enough or not ready to make their team. A lot of teams (including us) get excited by the fact that new players are coming. Yes during the season we start saying that certain youngsters should come, but during summer all we look at is getting new players. 

1 hour ago, skarroki said:

Phil Foden being overrated and Phil Foden not being good are 2 very different things. He's easily one of the best English prospects of this generation and that's saying something. Just cos he's not at a KDB level doesn't mean he's not exceptionally good. He'd absolutely stroll into our starting XI and a lot of the teams above us nevermind bottom half teams. 

But.... but..... he's not Jack Grealish!?

Probably his biggest crime, and the crime of any other young, talented English player in the squad, in midfield and forward areas.  lol

In certain of our quarters.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

But.... but..... he's not Jack Grealish!?

Probably his biggest crime, and the crime of any other young, talented English player in the squad, in midfield and forward areas.  lol

In certain of our quarters.

Don’t know what you mean.  I can appreciate the talent of other players and Foden is brilliant.  Grealish is currently better but has age and experience over Foden.  Grealish will only get better, Foden as well will only get better.  Given where Grealish is at the moment he should be playing over the other options but that doesn’t mean I think less of Foden.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

We aren't talking about dele alli here. Foden was an average player this season. There are a number of English players who are similar in age who are just better. Mount, Saka, ESR, Reece James, Eze, Tomori, Konsa, Sancho, Bellingham. 

Absolute rubbish! Complete nonsense.  If you think this then your football knowledge is flawed.

Edited by nick76