Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

7 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

😍😍😍

But then..

booooo! 

The comments below this tweet and realistic beliefs that he'll come are hilarious. Or we'd attempt to.

I mean, it's completely mad isn't it? Yes, the owners may be able to find a way around the money/wages thing (they can afford it technically) and yes Martinez is here and yes he'd get to play with Jack and yes Villa have all that history stuff but I mean, at the end of the day, we're talking about the world's greatest footballer moving to Birmingham to scrabble about in mid table. It just is not ever ever going to happen.

(I'm now wondering if future Lichfield Dean will ever look back on this tweet and laugh heartily at his younger self's pessimism)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

Because Foden is an average at best Premier league starter and I think that is generous. I'd definitely have Traore over him if you ignore age.

Messi was probably the 2nd best player in world football at the time pep first coached him (and he would have known him as he coached barca B from when Messi was 17). Its a **** ridiculous claim. 

Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Maybe but that isn't right now where he is an average player. 

He’s absolute class and getting better year on year. Probably one of the top few midfielders in the league IMO - let alone “average player”.

He’s scored 9 and assisted 5 whilst “barely playing” (by your metrics) this season. Lord knows what those stats would be if he was a regular.

Proper baller - and doesn’t seem to have that faking injury/rolling around streak in him either. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

The ONLY player in world football i would swap SJG for is Foden..........although I might be tempted by Pedri

Oooh… I don’t think I’d swap SJG for him, but he would be virtually top of my wish list if hell froze over and we could buy him!

Edited by alreadyexists

8 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

The ONLY player in world football i would swap SJG for is Foden..........although I might be tempted by Pedri

That’s some statement. Foden is very good but he is not Grealish class. They are also very different players. What about Neymar, Mbappe, and the like? 

46 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Don’t know what you mean.  I can appreciate the talent of other players and Foden is brilliant.  Grealish is currently better but has age and experience over Foden.  Grealish will only get better, Foden as well will only get better.  Given where Grealish is at the moment he should be playing over the other options but that doesn’t mean I think less of Foden.

Examples of things I read from fans on social media, this classic was after last match:

" How the f*ck is Bellinam comin on instead of Jack, he's a noes, and wasn't even good enough for the Premier Leage, had to go to Germany to be half decent "

And no, I haven't done the typos for effect. lol

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Examples of things I read from fans on social media, this classic was after last match:

" How the f*ck is Bellinam comin on instead of Jack, he's a noes, and wasn't even good enough for the Premier Leage, had to go to Germany to be half decent "

And no, I haven't done the typos for effect. lol

Yeah I understand, I've seen that.  My view is that Jack is one of the most talented players we have but I look through this squad and just see quality all over the place.  Within that talent we are lucky that we have some young talent that could genuinely turn into world class over the coming years from Jack, Foden, Mount, Saka and co.  There are also players outside of the squad like ESR and Konsa that will be knocking on the door soon.  The future is bright for England and if we can start well by winning this tournament we could have actually a golden generation and really challenge for a World Cup in the coming 10 years.

• Like 1

Foden is talented, but he isn't much different to Jack at the same age, only difference is he has a world class manager that believes in him, and is playing for the best team in the world. 

For me Jack's ability on the ball hasn't been seen in an Englishman before and he should be the player England build their team around. 

I rate Foden's talent but his numbers and only slighty above average. Which considering the number of starts and who he plays for, you have to say he is behind all of the other England wingers apart from maybe Saka. But Saka can pretty much play anywhere.

51 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I mean, it's completely mad isn't it? Yes, the owners may be able to find a way around the money/wages thing (they can afford it technically) and yes Martinez is here and yes he'd get to play with Jack and yes Villa have all that history stuff but I mean, at the end of the day, we're talking about the world's greatest footballer moving to Birmingham to scrabble about in mid table. It just is not ever ever going to happen.

(I'm now wondering if future Lichfield Dean will ever look back on this tweet and laugh heartily at his younger self's pessimism)

I don't think Villa would be mid table if he was in our side. Even if he's aged 50. Lol

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah I understand, I've seen that.  My view is that Jack is one of the most talented players we have but I look through this squad and just see quality all over the place.  Within that talent we are lucky that we have some young talent that could genuinely turn into world class over the coming years from Jack, Foden, Mount, Saka and co.  There are also players outside of the squad like ESR and Konsa that will be knocking on the door soon.  The future is bright for England and if we can start well by winning this tournament we could have actually a golden generation and really challenge for a World Cup in the coming 10 years.

very good points.  Then you look over and see GS as manager and realize half these players will be left home in 2022 World Cup because 16 RBs are needed on the 23 man roster. 👀🤣

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Foden is talented, but he isn't much different to Jack at the same age, only difference is he has a world class manager that believes in him, and is playing for the best team in the world. 

For me Jack's ability on the ball hasn't been seen in an Englishman before and he should be the player England build their team around. 

I rate Foden's talent but his numbers and only slighty above average. Which considering the number of starts and who he plays for, you have to say he is behind all of the other England wingers apart from maybe Saka. But Saka can pretty much play anywhere.

Can't agree, they are both " Flair players ", but they are totally different types of player in my opinion.

Jack is more of an Eden Hazard type IMO, glides with the ball, can almost take the ball past people in slow motion. He is more of a "glider ".

Foden is more of a quick feet, and pest, with quick turn of pace and direction and trickery , you can see his influences from some of the Spanish/Latin players at Man City.

I'd like to see them both in the England team some how, they offer different forms of nuisance.

36 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Can't agree, they are both " Flair players ", but they are totally different types of player in my opinion.

Jack is more of an Eden Hazard type IMO, glides with the ball, can almost take the ball past people in slow motion. He is more of a "glider ".

Foden is more of a quick feet, and pest, with quick turn of pace and direction and trickery , you can see his influences from some of the Spanish/Latin players at Man City.

I'd like to see them both in the England team some how, they offer different forms of nuisance.

That's not what I meant, I'm talking about ability and talent levels. Jack burst on the scene as a 19 year old cutting up Liverpool. Jack was bloody good even then.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

We aren't talking about dele alli here. Foden was an average player this season. There are a number of English players who are similar in age who are just better. Mount, Saka, ESR, Reece James, Eze, Tomori, Konsa, Sancho, Bellingham. 

You are off your rocker. Absolutely incredible you can convince yourself of this let alone think you can convince anyone else. 

Saying Traore is better than Foden? Living in a fantasy. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, skarroki said:

You are off your rocker. Absolutely incredible you can convince yourself of this let alone think you can convince anyone else. 

Saying Traore is better than Foden? Living in a fantasy. 

Those are the types of posts where people lose me mate, and expose themselves as CLEARLY not being objective, unbiased, or realistic.

Extreme ridiculousness to try and skew a narrative.

Makes any valid points they might have had, null and void. lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Those are the types of posts where people lose me mate, and expose themselves as CLEARLY not being objective, unbiased, or realistic.

Extreme ridiculousness to try and skew a narrative.

Makes any valid points they might have had, null and void. lol

Disappointing as I'd had a to and fro about the merits of signing a 3rd choice keeper where I thought valid points were made on both sides, then I come into this thread and see comments like that and wonder if I've lost my mind 

• Like 1