Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

I suspect that we didn't sign Olise because we've got a huge batch of talented youngsters coming through. The management team probably see Chuk and a few others as better prospects. Kind of glad in a way we're stacked with mids and I want to see some of the young lads step up. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, The Other Mat said:

I suspect that we didn't sign Olise because we've got a huge batch of talented youngsters coming through. The management team probably see Chuk and a few others as better prospects. Kind of glad in a way we're stacked with mids and I want to see some of the young lads step up. 

I agree. We aren't going to spend millions on promising young kids, when we've been developing our own for the last couple of years. 

We've decided to focus on getting these types of players at 14/15 years old.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Or the majority of defenses if we line up with Watkins, Buendia, Grealish and ESR as a front 4 next season 😜

Agree 100%,  flip it and I think  if we were playing a team next with that line up we would be terrified.

On our day we will have the quality to compete and to beat team in the Prem next season i am 100% sure of that.  If we lose it will be fine margins only and not a massive gap in quality. 

Those days are behind us.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Agree 100%,  flip it and I think  if we were playing a team next with that line up we would be terrified.

On our day we will have the quality to compete and to beat team in the Prem next season i am 100% sure of that.  If we lose it will be fine margins only and not a massive gap in quality. 

Those days are behind us.

It’s pretty extraordinary how far we’ve come in such a short time. We could be set for our best season since the early 90’s. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Awol said:

It’s pretty extraordinary how far we’ve come in such a short time. We could be set for our best season since the early 90’s. 

Or better then 1981 maybe, I'd take a domestic double now to be honest, the treble is just fantasy talk😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

On our day we will have the quality to compete and to beat team in the Prem next season i am 100% sure of that.

Unless that team comes from Manchester, obviously.

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Does the impending signing of Iroegbunam mean we will no longer be interested in Pape Matar Sarr … ? 

Can't imagine so, they are from the looks of it at very different stages of their development. But who knows.

Depending on how we line up we need at least one CM to come in as Luiz will be away for the Olympics and surely must be in need of some rest after this season followed by the Copa America and the Olympics.

Then there is Nakamba going to the Afcon and Barkley thankfully no longer here. Even with Buendia coming in and some very talented youngsters we are light in midfield.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Does the impending signing of Iroegbunam mean we will no longer be interested in Pape Matar Sarr … ? 

He’s only played one first team game for the Baggies so I’d imagine he’s one more for the future. Sarr may be the same but he’s played more first team football albeit in France. To be honest I’ve never seen either of them kick a ball so what do I know? Perhaps we’ll sign both. A lot could depend on if we envisage any midfield out goings. 

Barcelona 18 year old central midfielder Ilaix Moriba has one year left on his contract and won't sign a new one with them because he wants a higher salary than what they're offering at the moment. He's not taking part in their pre-season as a result. We know Barcelona need money so he is likely to be sold.

Every Premier League club forum will now likely have a post like this one - we should try and get him.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Wes said:

Barcelona 18 year old central midfielder Ilaix Moriba has one year left on his contract and won't sign a new one with them because he wants a higher salary than what they're offering at the moment. He's not taking part in their pre-season as a result. We know Barcelona need money so he is likely to be sold.

Every Premier League club forum will now likely have a post like this one - we should try and get him.

Is he any good? 

• Like 1