Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I thought the whole point of the athletic was not to do that kind of shit

Amazing how quickly The Athletic fell into the transfer click bait trap.  I honestly think it's what the average football fan wants. Either pump out links or people will question what you are doing all day. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

you gotta be sh*t*ing me!, for a reported 8.5m or something?

Could be great signing or everybody else was right not to bother with him…it’ll be interesting to see what happens over the next few seasons with him.

• Like 1

Just now, Jas10 said:

Would’ve been a smart and high value signing imo but oh well…

I’d imagine we’ve got plenty of targets and priorities in mind… need to be patient (me!).

Something is not right with him because otherwise along with us would’ve been many teams vying for him at that price but none of us were interested by the looks of things.

Just now, nick76 said:

Something is not right with him because otherwise along with us would’ve been many teams vying for him at that price but none of us were interested by the looks of things.

Maybe, but there could be a whole host of reasons… £8m seems an absolute steal though for such a talented kid with massive potential. Palace should make a huge profit if they ever sell him on…

Maybe we’re not interested because we already have youngsters like Carney that are potential stars… can’t speak/theorise for anyone else though.

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

It's the French Connection, Viera influence already.

For me though, we should be doing a Chelsea and stock piling this sort of talent and loaning most out with view to selling at a profit but keeping the cream for ourselves.

2 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Amazing how quickly The Athletic fell into the transfer click bait trap.  I honestly think it's what the average football fan wants. Either pump out links or people will question what you are doing all day. 

I still think The Athletic is quite good, especially the Villa stuff. It's not like they're doing what BMail does and writing a "Villa told to sign x" every time a random supporter tweets about a player.

21 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

As level headed as ever:

Same thing happens every summer...  Someone else gets a bargain from a Championship club who needs money and a few Villa fans are up in arms moaning about yet another one we missed out on...  We're after a much higher caliber of player now.  We just had back to back summers where we broke our transfer fee record for the best performing player in the Championship the prior year in Watkins & Buendia, who are a class apart from anyone else we could have gotten from the Championship, bargain or not.  

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

It's the French Connection, Viera influence already.

For me though, we should be doing a Chelsea and stock piling this sort of talent and loaning most out with view to selling at a profit but keeping the cream for ourselves.

Pretty sure this is exactly what we're starting to do, but at the Academy level instead of the U23 level.  

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Might be a laaaandan lad through and through ???

18 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Same thing happens every summer...  Someone else gets a bargain from a Championship club who needs money and a few Villa fans are up in arms moaning about yet another one we missed out on...  We're after a much higher caliber of player now.  We just had back to back summers where we broke our transfer fee record for the best performing player in the Championship the prior year in Watkins & Buendia, who are a class apart from anyone else we could have gotten from the Championship, bargain or not.  

Oh but we do love a good moan… 😆

17 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Having we just signed a 16 year old defender from Fleetwood ?  - we can't sign every teenager - whose to say that guy (Feeney)  from Fleetwood won't be where olsie is now in 2 years time (I mean in terms of development - not at Palace !!)