Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

16 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I really want us to make a move for Olise.

Him and Carney developing together could be very interesting in a few years. 

Fulham fans don't seem to rate Lookman as much as fans of other clubs seem to rate him, I think that's true of a few of their players to be honest, critism I've seen them lodge against him is that he's too predictable and has been found out and hence his form has dropped as the season has gone one. I think we'll probably sign just the one winger this summer, a right winger, and we'll keep El Ghazi as backup to Grealish on the left, keeping in mind we've Philogene-Bidace coming through as well.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Fulham fans don't seem to rate Lookman as much as fans of other clubs seem to rate him, I think that's true of a few of their players to be honest, critism I've seen them lodge against him is that he's too predictable and has been found out and hence his form has dropped as the season has gone one. I think we'll probably sign just the one winger this summer, a right winger, and we'll keep El Ghazi as backup to Grealish on the left, keeping in mind we've Philogene-Bidace coming through as well.

If we’re signing an all-action replacement for Barkley and keeping Jack on the left then that seems highly likely. Beyond the customary Buendia shout, that RW needs to be the gusset wetter of the window. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I’m a big fan of Luiz as a DM. I want us to sign a replacement for Nakamba, a more destructive player who can play alongside Luiz.

I don’t really see this height issue that everyone keeps banging on about. Our problem on attacking set pieces is delivery, and I’m not sure we really have a problem on defensive set pieces. Not big enough to merit obsessing over height.

And anyway height and aerial ability are two different things. Watkins is superb in the air, for example.

Yup - it's only ever an issue against one or two shithouse teams a season, so it's not something that needs to be prioritised IMO. 

As for the guy to play alongside Luiz, that's Sanson IMO - he just needs time to get over his injury and adjust to the league. 

26 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Must say I’ve never got the fascination with Berge. If we were to sign a central midfielder from a relegated team, surely Anguissa is the only option? Think he’s a good player, and although he’s no Ndidi, he definitely looks better defensively than what we have in midfield and Berge. 

I have said this a few times mate. Very good player. Good on the ball, strong physical presence, good tackler and good passing. I think he would really make us tick

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Villa Stu said:

I have said this a few times mate. Very good player. Good on the ball, strong physical presence, good tackler and good passing. I think he would really make us tick

This all day long. Probably cost £25m and would add real presence and energy to our midfield. I would prefer Bissouma but that appears fairly unlikely so he is a really good alternative. Both of them........well that would be nice.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

lookman didn’t really deliver at Everton nor Leipzig and has been patchy at best in a albeit relegated Fulham side. I don’t see how he is an upgrade on our own inconsistent wingers ? 

Totally agree. We need better.

2 hours ago, useless said:

I would love if we could sign a top, top quality CAM which could play all across the front line.

8 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

How good is Olise at Reading as i can safely say ive not watched a single minute of them this season. 

He's the Real Deal IMO.

I was skeptical at first, obviously then went down the highlights wormhole, then watched sections of matches.

He has all the attributes to be a brilliant understudy to Jack, skill and intelligence in abundance,

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He's the Real Deal IMO.

I was skeptical at first, obviously then went down the highlights wormhole, then watched sections of matches.

He has all the attributes to be a brilliant understudy to Jack, skill and intelligence in abundance,

only a year left on his contract...should get him on the cheap too

edit: a mate told me he rejected palace in jan...he's billy big bollocks apparently and wants a big move.

Edited by tomav84
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

only a year left on his contract...should get him on the cheap too

edit: a mate told me he rejected palace in jan...he's billy big bollocks apparently and wants a big move.

To Aston f'king Villa you're right :D  

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

ward-prowse would be a good addition

100% agree.

Are we ruling out the possibility of signing players from Premier Leagues sides that haven’t been relegated?

If not then can we have Neto too?

10 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

100% agree.

Are we ruling out the possibility of signing players from Premier Leagues sides that haven’t been relegated?

If not then can we have Neto too?

i'll be surprised if we can prize neto away from his portuguese chums and manager

but no, we shouldn't rule anyone out...time to act like a big club and nick other teams' best players

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I’m a big fan of Luiz as a DM. I want us to sign a replacement for Nakamba, a more destructive player who can play alongside Luiz.

I don’t really see this height issue that everyone keeps banging on about. Our problem on attacking set pieces is delivery, and I’m not sure we really have a problem on defensive set pieces. Not big enough to merit obsessing over height.

And anyway height and aerial ability are two different things. Watkins is superb in the air, for example.

That surprises me. One of the weakest, if not the weakest, area in our team is definitely central midfield. The reason we struggle to dominate matches in midfield is exactly because we're puny. Both Luiz and McGinn are thrown around like rag dolls. On set pieces we've also look looked shaky as **** because of this. And if we didn't have a world class keeper I'm sure that would be more obvious.

You're right in the sense that a lot of world class central midfielders can get by with being small. Xavi, Kante, Makelele, Iniesta. But that's the thing. They are world class. We won't get them. If you are good enough most things aren't a problem on the pitch, you adapt. But we are not getting those players. So the alternative comes by itself. You acquire a bigger midfielder.

And this still doesn't change the fact that something is completely off in the partnership of Luiz and SJM.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

@KenjiOgiwara I agree we’re not going to get a world class player in his prime. We should be looking for players who have world class potential, though, and as I say, I don’t think height is key to being a world class central midfielder / defensive midfielder in the modern game. I agree with some of the other stuff you’re saying though - DL & JM isn’t a natural partnership (might change, but for now it’s the wrong balance).

Re some of the names being thrown around in this thread. There’s a lot of relegation-battling players being named who just aren’t very good, and I’m not sure what the interest is, besides the fact they’ll probably be available.

They might have been useful squad signings last summer, but I hope the club will be aiming big this summer with some real quality coming into the first team, and then the squad investment focusing more on the youth.

As a “safe” Premier League side now with plenty of cash, we should be able to attract a higher caliber of player - those who might have seen us as a risky move last summer.

• Like 4