Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

11 hours ago, useless said:

Fulham fans don't seem to rate Lookman as much as fans of other clubs seem to rate him, I think that's true of a few of their players to be honest, critism I've seen them lodge against him is that he's too predictable and has been found out and hence his form has dropped as the season has gone one. I think we'll probably sign just the one winger this summer, a right winger, and we'll keep El Ghazi as backup to Grealish on the left, keeping in mind we've Philogene-Bidace coming through as well.

Yeah tbh I think that will happen. New RW and we still have Traore around to play there aswell and Trez will hopefully be back mid season or early 2022 so he'll be an option for last 10-15 games hopefully. And on other side Jack will always start and AEG certainly proved himself this season as capable to come in for games and chip in with goals so it's not that terrible, we just need to find a really good right sided player from somewhere.

And given Barkley won't be signed and he's still started loads of games means it leaves the central midfield position available to either get in another 10 type or just go in for more box to box midfielder like Liverpool do with more energy to overpower teams.

9 hours ago, thabucks said:

lookman didn’t really deliver at Everton nor Leipzig and has been patchy at best in a albeit relegated Fulham side. I don’t see how he is an upgrade on our own inconsistent wingers ? 

He'll be available for 20m so he's more of reasonably cheaper wide player who still has huge potential compared to say having to spend 30-40m on McNeil who I don't believe is that much better. I think at 20m it would be silly to pass up on Lookman as it's not that much these days for a top half prem team.

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Heard this a lot but I don’t get why he never played 

He was really good for Villareal last season, talk Real Madrid were interested at one stage so can only guess his style dosen't quite suit the prem.

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Heard this a lot but I don’t get why he never played 

In a poor side, when he has played he’s performed well. Could be that dynamic, physical presence centre midfielder that can break up play and drive-the-ball-forward we are looking for?

850480DE-0ECE-4AE5-9D0D-D9E935A2E9EF.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Johnnyp said:

He'd probably cost a bit but i think Dwight McNeil would be a great signing. Looks to have a top attitude also.

I just don't think he's 20m better potentially than Lookman. I mean signing him on his own wouldn't just make us top 6 guarenteed would it? I want that feeling from one of the attacking signings we make this summer, just as we signed Carew in January 2007 and then finished 6th 18 months later. Young also massively helped in that but he was more of an unknown quantity at prem level.

That's what we need to do this summer anyway.

• Like 1

Anguissa has played in 33 of Fulham's games this season. He's looked good whenether I've seen him play, but I'm not sure he's the big combatitive midfielder that so many seem to be pining for, his best quality from what I've seen is his ability to drive forward with the ball. I had a look on a Fulham forum and their opinions seem to range from him being one of their best players to a others suggesting that he lacks commitment.

Most players don't start every game, if we're only going to be signing players that start every match then we won't be leaving ourselves with much choice. He's also played over thirty games in La Liga, and over seventy in Ligue 1.

Edited by useless

7 minutes ago, useless said:

Most players don't start every game, if we're only going to be signing players that start every match then we won't be leaving ourselves with much choice.

Well it depends on who they play for. If it’s a big squad with lots of competitions then yes you’d expect rotation.  We’re talking about a team that just got relegated.   If he was that good that he’s going to improve us, You would expect him to start every game for Fulham. At the most rested here and there. But 7 times on the bench out of 33 games? I’d be asking why. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 hour ago, Awol said:

For context the same site’s algorithm rates our midfield as: 

McGinn - 80

Luiz - 75

Sanson - 72

Ghazi - 81

Traore - 76

Jack - 91

Nakamba - 68

So he’s an upgrade on what we have in a DM role, statistically speaking.

Judging by those you can't go off them at all.

Luiz > McGinn

Traore > El Ghazi

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I’ve only seen bits of Anguissa so cant form a proper opinion but back to back PL relegations doesn’t fill me with confidence. 

I'll never understand how people can form an opinion on a player, simply based on team results which depend on a first team off 11 players and squad of 25 other players?

Mings, Konsa, McGinn, Luiz and Grealish play for a team which survived relegation by 1 point.

Buendia plays for " relegated " Norwich.

Sam Johnstone plays for a relegated team.

What are your thoughts on the above players, for example?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

With Leicester signing Soumare in the summer, are they looking to cash in on Ndidi to top up their funds? 

Soumare isn't a DM so I certainly hope not! Soumare is more likely going to be brought in to play in a box to box role, we don't really have a player currently who can take the ball from deep and run it up the pitch

Makes me think we may be aiming for a midfield system a bit more similar to Liverpools (when it was good) - Destroyer (Ndidi), Quarterback controlling the play (Tielemans), the runner (Soumare)

If we sell anyone I think it is more likely to be Maddison, although we may not sell anyone, we need the squad depth anyway and Champions League would likely give us the funds we need that would usually come from a sale

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fox1884 said:

Soumare isn't a DM so I certainly hope not! Soumare is more likely going to be brought in to play in a box to box role, we don't really have a player currently who can take the ball from deep and run it up the pitch

Makes me think we may be aiming for a midfield system a bit more similar to Liverpools (when it was good) - Destroyer (Ndidi), Quarterback controlling the play (Tielemans), the runner (Soumare)

If we sell anyone I think it is more likely to be Maddison, although we may not sell anyone, we need the squad depth anyway and Champions League would likely give us the funds we need that would usually come from a sale

Cheers, I thought Soumare was a DM to be honest. Happy to take your cast-offs if it Madders this year though. Think he’d do nicely at 10 for us.