Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

3 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

He's a very good player.

Been waiting for you to pop up! Two questions: 

Is Buendia for £40M worth it and should we be making him a priority target? 

If not, what’s your shout(s) for the RW/RF slot this summer? 

51 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

@KenjiOgiwara I agree we’re not going to get a world class player in his prime. We should be looking for players who have world class potential, though, and as I say, I don’t think height is key to being a world class central midfielder / defensive midfielder in the modern game. I agree with some of the other stuff you’re saying though - DL & JM isn’t a natural partnership (might change, but for now it’s the wrong balance).

Re some of the names being thrown around in this thread. There’s a lot of relegation-battling players being named who just aren’t very good, and I’m not sure what the interest is, besides the fact they’ll probably be available.

They might have been useful squad signings last summer, but I hope the club will be aiming big this summer with some real quality coming into the first team, and then the squad investment focusing more on the youth.

As a “safe” Premier League side now with plenty of cash, we should be able to attract a higher caliber of player - those who might have seen us as a risky move last summer.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Been waiting for you to pop up! Two questions: 

Is Buendia for £40M worth it and should we be making him a priority target? 

If not, what’s your shout(s) for the RW/RF slot this summer? 

I don't think we'd get Buendia for 40, I think Norwich would be looking for quite a bit more than that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I don't think we'd get Buendia for 40, I think Norwich would be looking for quite a bit more than that.

I think you are probably right, but why not test the water by smacking £40m down on the table. I suspect Delia's reaction to all that lovely cash might well be:

image.jpeg.72ca4c6425a846da783fe45c7554b451.jpeg

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

Buendia is 100% worth going for at £40mil.

24 year old Japanese Attacking Midfielder/ Right Winger Daichi Kamada (Eintracht Frankfurt) is having a great season is one we should monitor. 5 goals and 11 assists this season in 30 League appearances. He's also scored 6 goals in 16 games in Europa League.

His playing style is very similar to Jack Grealish.

Thanks mate, Buendia haters/doubters will now be beaten to death with this official VT scouting endorsement. 

Japanese lad looks good too. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, John said:

I think you are probably right, but why not test the water by smacking £40m down on the table. I suspect Delia's reaction to all that lovely cash might well be:

image.jpeg.72ca4c6425a846da783fe45c7554b451.jpeg

From what I've heard, they're a lot better off financially than they have been in a fair old while, which is why he's still there but the board aren't particularly wealthy people by the standards of the footballing world, so you might be right. In any case, I think he'd be excellent.

• Like 1

You really want us to be scavengers in the marked?

Not sure i'd be that keen on players who plays for the relegated clubs.

They are used to losing every week, and if we get in a bad run of form they will probably very quickly get back into that mindset.

Need players who are used to winning and who can bring that mentality to the club.

Considering how much Lyon fans slated Joachim Anderson I'd like to see some kind of venn diagram based around how many Villa fans think he'd be a good signing that also wrote Traore off before he'd even kicked a ball for us.🧐

41 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Linked with Anguissa? I would love him. Baller with presence. I'd also take Lemina.

Interestingly footballcritic.com rates Anguissa at 77, the same score as Sangare and Koopmeiners. 

26 minutes ago, Awol said:

Interestingly footballcritic.com rates Anguissa at 77, the same score as Sangare and Koopmeiners. 

He's impressed me whenever I've seen Fulham play. Would be exactly what we need. 

6 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Let's throw the farm at Jack's mate Maddison. They'd take the piss.

I really don’t get the love for Maddison. He scores the odd screamer but does he do much else?

• Shocked 1

41 minutes ago, Awol said:

Not gonna lie never heard of either of those. Is that a good rating or what?

8 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I really don’t get the love for Maddison. He scores the odd screamer but does he do much else?

Yes. He's one of the best attacking midfielders around. His touch, vision and link up play is top class. He'd be a dream alongside Grealish.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Yes. He's one of the best attacking midfielders around. His touch, vision and link up play is top class. He'd be a dream alongside Grealish.

I just think he’s massively over rated. He’s a match of the day player. Does some good things but not really commanding games. Leicester is my home city and loads of the city fans think that he is not good enough to start for them.

Maddison is overrated when people talk about him being as good as Grealish, and it's true that a lot of Leicester fans don't rate him as much as some might imagine - their grievance is that he goes missing a lot and is very inconsistent - But he would still be a very good signing for us, and someone who I think we will try and sign.