Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

I just think he’s massively over rated. He’s a match of the day player. Does some good things but not really commanding games. Leicester is my home city and loads of the city fans think that he is not good enough to start for them.

I really don't understand that view at all. I've seen him totally run games many times. He isn't a box to box general though, he's a final 3rd guy. Exactly the sort of player we need.

I dread to think how much he'd cost. I hope the Leicester board feel the same way those fans do and we get him for a reduced price though. Anything like 70-80m.

8 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Now that is a player I’d love here. Quality player, and great at set pieces. Would probably be cheaper than Ward-Prowse as well. 

I can't imagine he'd be cheaper. He's way, way better than Ward Prowse. 

19 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Yes. He's one of the best attacking midfielders around. His touch, vision and link up play is top class. He'd be a dream alongside Grealish.

He'd be injured half the season.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Mazrim said:

I can't imagine he'd be cheaper. He's way, way better than Ward Prowse. 

I’d have agreed a year ago. There’s chat that he’s fallen out with Rodgers though, and that’s he’s had enough of his behaviour. So he might be available for less now? He’s a local lad - not a Cov fan, and is good mates with Grealish. 

It’s happening.gif

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think Maddison is the player you go for if you didn't already have Jack.  We need a different kind of player in attacking midfield and/or out wide.

We need more of what Jack brings. They'd be on the same wavelength and utterly lethal.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I really don't understand that view at all. I've seen him totally run games many times. He isn't a box to box general though, he's a final 3rd guy. Exactly the sort of player we need.

I dread to think how much he'd cost. I hope the Leicester board feel the same way those fans do and we get him for a reduced price though. Anything like 70-80m.

That’s a good point. He would cost a fortune so it’s kind of irrelevant I guess

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

That’s a good point. He would cost a fortune so it’s kind of irrelevant I guess

Not so fast. Our owners can afford Golden Jesus.

If we want a younger version of Maddison then Olise would be pretty close, Olise actually looks more relaxed in possession that Maddison does, similar to Grealish in a way, when I watched him was also impressed with the way he tracks back whilst playing in midfield, almost hard to believe that he's only 19 because whilst being skilful ane exciting to watch he doesn't play like typical raw youngster, although I have seen Reading fans suggest that he can be inconsistent so would guard against expecting too much if he was to sign.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, useless said:

If we want a younger version of Maddison then Olise would be pretty close, Olise actually looks more relaxed in possession that Maddison does, similar to Grealish in a way, when I watched him was also impressed with the way he tracks back whilst playing in midfield, almost hard to believe that he's only 19 because whilst being skilful ane exciting to watch he doesn't play like typical raw youngster, although I have seen Reading fans suggest that he can be inconsistent so would guard against expecting too much if he was to sign.

We'll take him too then. ;)

I think it will be a mixture of Olise types that is young and upcoming players with a lot of promise and players like Maddison, although maybe not him specifically, to take us to the next level. I predict that we will sign at least one player that no one would have thought possible.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Not gonna lie never heard of either of those. Is that a good rating or what?

For context the same site’s algorithm rates our midfield as: 

McGinn - 80

Luiz - 75

Sanson - 72

Ghazi - 81

Traore - 76

Jack - 91

Nakamba - 68

So he’s an upgrade on what we have in a DM role, statistically speaking. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Rich192 said:

Must say I’ve never got the fascination with Berge. If we were to sign a central midfielder from a relegated team, surely Anguissa is the only option? Think he’s a good player, and although he’s no Ndidi, he definitely looks better defensively than what we have in midfield and Berge. 

Anguissa is a very good player, great pedigree too. Would love him here, would be quality.

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Like Maddison would leave a 3rd placed Champions League team to come to us. For what it’s worth I think he’s a top player. 

Yeah it's a long shot. They're only keeping our place warm though. The return of the Kings will not be denied.

Plus Maddison thinks Brodge is a bellend and likes to play Fifa with Jack, so this is happening. Based on because I want it to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I’m a big fan of Luiz as a DM. I want us to sign a replacement for Nakamba, a more destructive player who can play alongside Luiz.

I don’t really see this height issue that everyone keeps banging on about. Our problem on attacking set pieces is delivery, and I’m not sure we really have a problem on defensive set pieces. Not big enough to merit obsessing over height.

And anyway height and aerial ability are two different things. Watkins is superb in the air, for example.

I think it's more at times teams can overpower us a bit centrally through height or physical strength. You saw that when we played West Ham a few months back when they had units like Rice and Soucekt completely dominanting us in central midfield and Coufel did one of the best jobs on Jack all season.

McGinn and Luiz do battle away as best they can but we could do with a bit more presence in there, part of why I suggested Milenkovic Savic as a sort of next level signing as even if he's not a DM he's a big old unit to get off the ball so could have similar impact to what Soucek has for West Ham with how he plays.