Ratings & Reactions: Villa v West Ham

limpid

Match Polls  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/02/21 at 23:59

Just now, MotoMkali said:

I gave el ghazi man of the match. At least he wasn't at fault for any of the goals. 

Grealish needs to play in the centre. If he is outwide he is too easy to double up on. Mcginn either needs to play deeper or not play. 

Barkley and Mcginn were so lazy today. They just don't **** track their men. 

You do realise Grealish has 90% of his goals from out wide ?

Just now, Villa87 said:

Any of the midfield 3 could be dropped based on the last couple of games to be honest. 

Very disappointing result - the Villa of old that. West Ham solid if unremarkable. 

Luiz shouldn't be. Because he hasn't been part of a midfield 3. He has been part of a midfield 1 with mcginn and barkley playing upfront for some ungodly reason. 

• Like 2

Just now, Herman22 said:

Is he? 

Yeah, he gets shit for not being Man United quality but he's always been knocking on the door. West Ham challenging for a European spot is about his level. Completely showed up Barkley today.

• Like 2

You knew within the first 20 minutes this evening that we didn’t look right. The lack of pressing and energy was there for all to see. We looked jaded from the outset.

West Ham are a good side this season but we made them look better than they are. 

• Like 2

Really struggle to pick a man of the match, I'll go with Mings. 

Would've gone with watkins but his hold up play has been sloppy and twice a very poor touch has set up their counter attack. 

This has easily been our worst game this season, reminded me of last season, toothless up front, too easy to go through. 

Shame about that third goal, for about a minute I was hoping (not really believing though) for a late comeback... Well, that didn't work out 

Just now, hippo said:

You do realise Grealish has 90% of his goals from out wide ?

And how does the team play? He gets more assists from the centre. The goals will come if he plays there. But more assists in the middle and at least he doesn't have to play with Barkley if he is in the middle. 

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't think Lingard is an embarrassingly shit player. He's not good enough for Man Utd, but he lasted for as long as he did there because he isn't far away. And he played with a determination and a vision that we simply didn't match.

Never said he was "embarrassingly" shit, although we were embarrassingly poor tbf.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

He’s had trouble off the field in his family life. A move could recreate the form that got him regularly into the England team. 

I think he could definitely recreate the form; the England call up might be hard to get these days. But he's not a bad player at all, even if he often comes across like a dickhead.

• Like 1

My god that was awful. Everyone poor.

West Ham with Moyes are now Everton with Moyes. Will keep finishing 5th or 6th, be almost impossible to play against because of being very physical, committed and organised but the best teams will still beat them.

We can't deal with being harried. The players get flustered and miscontrol, pick the wrong pass, everything.

Konsa had a shocker, Mings was OK, Emi starting to make a few mistakes and McGinn is struggling to get his arse out.

Jack was shut down, El Ghazi is pointless, Barkley not at the races but Ollie was good.

Sanson looked good but he was fresh against tired players. Maybe bring him in for Barkley next match. Then Grealish in the middle and Traore and Trezeguet on the wings.

Perhaps the players are leggy. Dunno. As poor of a performance as I've seen since the restart anyway.

Â