• Barkley
    • Grealish
    • Watkins
    • Trézéguet (Traoré 83)
    • Elmohamady (Barkley 83)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/01/21 at 23:59

Just now, maqroll said:

Deano caught daydreaming tonight. I'll be interested in his post match thoughts.

I'm not sure why.  First half we were awesome and second half we were equivalent to them.  They scored a pass?  that was a freak goal.  The other two were defensive mistakes, not sure they were Dean's fault.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Danishlad said:

Totally agree, bring on Trez and even Davis when we are winning. Davis to help on defending set pieces, Trez to track back wide. Don't bring them on when we need a goal.

Have to agree 

1 minute ago, the_eristic said:

Additionally, 2-1 up with Barkley clearly tiring is the perfect time to bring the likes of Nakamba and/or Trez on to shore things up. Smith still lacking that bit of proactiveness, even Dyche of all people made his changes and got the rewards.

Yep, he's not proactive at all. He reacts after we've gone behind. Don't know if he sees it himself, or maybe he doesn't think of it as a flaw. 

• Like 1

Probably the hardest result to take this season that, given we were by far the better team overall, and the only ones trying to play any good entertaining football. Our goals were exquisite. Their goals disgusting.

We really needed to kill the game off in the first half but a mixture of bad luck and bad finishing saw to that and then the goals we conceded were dreadful and fortuitous from there point of view and somehow we come away empty handed. So infuriating. 

I was confident pre-match (always a worry) but did say we had to defend well to win - well we didn't. We've been bullied a lot tonight. First goal Mings has to deal with the ball and Wood better, without giving a way a corner. Marking was shocking. Second goal was spawny as you like. Third should have been saved really. I get why many are upset.

I rated Smith average because selection was right but ultimately we've lost. There was only about 8 mins between their second equaliser and I'm sure he was thinking about the change but let's face it, we were back in the ascendancy and the goal was a complete fluke. Harsh on Smith, but I did feel Barkley & Traore were shattered.

Another thing, we did look a bit weary second half, let's not underestimate the covid effect, who knows how the players are feeling with fatigue.

Very disappointing night, but were playing some nice stuff so let's just take this one on the chin and see if we can turn it round on Saturday. UTV 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richp999 said:

Am I the only one who thinks barkley played really well (first half obs)

Don't quite get the criticism - him and jack play so well together

Barkley is class..

No your not. I thought Barkley McGinn and Jack ran the show. Luiz was to my mind the weak linkin midfield. That and a defence that can’t handle high balls well enough.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

I agree, but you saw Davis when he came on !

I would have swapped trez and traore much earlier.

I thought Barkley was poor. 

Barkley has been off the pace the last two games. Possibly getting back up to match fitness and maybe sluggish from covid. 

either way he need to bring his A game back because he’s not cementing his place that’s for sure 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

Totally agree, bring on Trez and even Davis when we are winning. Davis to help on defending set pieces, Trez to track back wide. Don't bring them on when we need a goal.

Why Davis? I dont understand why, when he came on he was useless.  Nakamba I agree with

6 minutes ago, est1874 said:

McGinn poor again.

WTH? Amazing pass for Watkins 1 on 1 that he should've scored then Barkley should've scored open goal under no pressure but hit crossbar. 

Amazing ball for Grealish that led to Grealish goal

• Like 3

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

Deano caught daydreaming tonight. I'll be interested in his post match thoughts.

The mentality, was not right.....they was winning all 50/50s, headers , getting their foot in and disrupting play.....when they had the ball we just stood off by comparison..... the players who should, didn't want the battle.

where was Mings with there tall players, like Woods?......Targett and Luiz was left to battle in the air, rubbish organisation.

• Like 2

We've got 1 point against Burnley this season. Hold that up when delusions of grandeur rears its head again. Ming is the worst culprit, he's been awful all season and we can't keep carrying him. They should never be getting a corner for the first goal, he's complacent and increasingly lazy. You can't keep a player in first XI because he shouts a bit.

Could see this result coming a mile off, not clinical and trying to be too clever. We actually have good players who play well in spells but the complacency today was clear for all to see. Barkley clearly not fit either.

Davis was embarrasing but he won a prize to get that cameo didn't he?! Clearly not a footballer. 

• Confused 1

Just now, rjw63 said:

We have flair and are good to watch, but results like this mean a mid-table finish.

Shame, I think we are better than that.

I think Burnley just know how to play us (and many other teams).  Pope was quality tonight as well.  We have shown we can cut teams apart like Newcastle but we cant seem to finish off Burnley when we play them....I know we did when Wes got injured but this season.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Why Davis? I dont understand why, when he came on he was useless.  Nakamba I agree with

we were winning 2-1, I think Davis can do a job defending set pieces. Burnley are good at them. I think a coach can justify bringing Davis on for solely that reason. if you need goals don't bring him on.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I'm not sure why.  First half we were awesome and second half we were equivalent to them.  They scored a pass?  that was a freak goal.  The other two were defensive mistakes, not sure they were Dean's fault.

Sluggish starts in both halves and he waited too long to make changes.

Â