• Barkley
    • Grealish
    • Watkins
    • Trézéguet (Traoré 83)
    • Elmohamady (Barkley 83)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/01/21 at 23:59

Just now, nick76 said:

Between the retail investors and hedge funds today in the stock market and the Burnley/Villa game, this has been a very upside down day!

**** Wall Street and **** Burnley

• Like 2

1 minute ago, richp999 said:

Exactly. lost 4 out of 5.. well...

We lost 1 tonight- where we completely outclassed burnley ; but managed to lose.

2 we lost to major corruption to the 2 teams sitting first and second. We played well in both and matched each team pretty much.

I think the other was when we played our under 16-s against last season's champions.

I think we are doing more than ok.

Is this a season of "paying dues", then?

I counted maybe 5 fouls from Rodriguez and no card. 

The thing is, Mings and Konsa handled their long balls comfortably. I do not understand how Mee was able to run through Barkley and Luiz.

We played some amazing attacking football against an anti-football side. The ebb and flow of the game was bizarre. 

Wow, Burnley are so awful. Anti-football indeed.

Thought Nakamba was unlucky to be dropped, guess sentiment played a part in bringing McGinn back.

However, we missed chances as it should have been 3-0 Villa at half-time so it's our fault.

Couple of points:

Mings needs to stop thinking he is Jack Grealish.

McGinn was so poor, caught in possession, slow and offered nothing at all apart from one decent pass to Watkins in the first-half.

I wish we had some of Burnley's character as we are a bit soft.

Points dropped against the likes of Burnley is why we probably will struggle to be too far higher than a current placing of tenth. Many would have taken that beginning of the season though.

We go again 😁 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, smg said:

Before the start of the season most reasonable fans would of been happy with mid table.

That might be true but like an employee or a business within the year you reassess. It’s not really the point.

A  situation where we were top but lose the last 12 games in a row do finish tenth wouldn’t be a “we will take that”. 

This wasn’t a game against city or United, it was Burnely, who hardly every score and grind out 1-0 wins.

we’ve let three in against one of the lowest scoring sides in the league. 

If we go and pump Southampton 3-0 then it goes some way to addressing the balance as I think that’s a game we draw on paper, but at this point in the season we are 3 point behind where we should be. 

• Haha 1

Just now, AntrimBlack said:

That hurt. We threw that away, though we were unlucky. Shambolic defending for the goals. Brilliant in the first half but we did not take our chances. Shit happens.

shit happens is probably the best descriptor for this game

• Like 1

Why do people seem to think we had the divine right to win tonight based on the first half? We were crap second half and didn’t react when Burnley were on top. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, richp999 said:

Exactly. lost 4 out of 5.. well...

We lost 1 tonight- where we completely outclassed burnley ; but managed to lose.

2 we lost to major corruption to the 2 teams sitting first and second. We played well in both and matched each team pretty much.

I think the other was when we played our under 16-s against last season's champions.

I think we are doing more than ok.

It's like the gods are against us at the moment.  COVID one game, two corruption games and now tonight almost a statistical improbability happening.

I'm getting the rabbit feet out and watching out for any ladders so I dont walk under.

Good Vibes GIF by Ryn Dean

Â