• Barkley
    • Grealish
    • Watkins
    • Trézéguet (Traoré 83)
    • Elmohamady (Barkley 83)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/01/21 at 23:59

First half we were great to watch - some of that one touch passing was awesome.

How we lost I don't know - well mainly because of shite second half.

But I know who i'd rather be watching for the rest of the season, and it ain't burnley.

Its a horrible one to lose , sure, but we did play some fantastic football..

• Like 2

Just now, Johnnyp said:

Look, it's one of those one's where you could analyse it all day long and say where it went wrong. We probably should of had them bet out the gate by half time. It's a sickener and will sting for the evening but the beauty of this is we don't really have time to get too high when we are up and too down when we lose. Get ready for Southampton and go again.

Agree, on the plus side, no injuries and no bookings.

I knew this wasn't going to be our day when I saw the players walk off at half time visibly down/annoyed at the missed chances. They knew it was going to cost us and in the end it did. 

Burnley did not deserve that win though so I take some confidence in that. As per usual, if we continue to play like we are then we'll win more than we lose, but it doesn't make that result feel any better right now. 

Burnley home/away are least favorite matches of the year, every year. We're still lacking height, as demonstrated against these and West Ham, especially when we're seemingly allowing balls in from wide intentionally. Really hope we see another attacking option come in, too, just slightly more clinical and we're miles in front by the end of the first half.

Smith has tllo shoulder a hell of alot of blame for that. We were hanging out our arse after an hour and he didn't make a change til the 83rd minute. And then, for the love of good when we needed a goal..m Keinan Davies.

As simply sublime we were first half second half showed that tired players switch off. Bloody do your subs earlier, especially with players not up to speed with focus and only training ona pelaton bike and back garden.

Smith cost us this result for me. Poor management.

Bit disappointed in Dean that we didn't look to change the system and tighten up after Jack scored.

Barkley and McGinn poor second half. Back four positionally woeful.

Saying that you could see that the lucky second for them floored us.

7 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

Agree, you simply cannot lose games like that and expect a top £ finish. 

really poor with the possession, the shots etc.

We need to offset that by beating one of the top 4 sides again to offer neutrality to this awful result 

Before the start of the season most reasonable fans would of been happy with mid table.

Â