• Barkley
    • Grealish
    • Watkins
    • Trézéguet (Traoré 83)
    • Elmohamady (Barkley 83)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/01/21 at 23:59

Grealish in a different stratosphere today. Of the others Targett and McGinn good. Watkins and Traoré good. Everyone else meh. Too many passengers and we let them stay in it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

The thing is, it does. We could concede twice as many man marking. Zonal is statistically proven to be better than man marking.  

Agreed. Although it relies on players (Barkley) stopping a straight run - he just looked at Wood and gave him a free run

1 minute ago, Daweii said:

I knew this wasn't going to be our day when I saw the players walk off at half time visibly down/annoyed at the missed chances. They knew it was going to cost us and in the end it did. 

Burnley did not deserve that win though so I take some confidence in that. As per usual, if we continue to play like we are then we'll win more than we lose, but it doesn't make that result feel any better right now. 

The score only matters once and that's at fulltime. Deserving it is neither here nor there. They won.

Disasterous result. But we can’t keep blaming luck all the time. It’s happened so many times this season that it’s becoming a recurrence... This group of players is good enough to qualify for Europe, I fear that if we fail then Jack will go. Gutted

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I know that is a fact but that doesnt tell the story of what is happening now

Exactly. lost 4 out of 5.. well...

We lost 1 tonight- where we completely outclassed burnley ; but managed to lose.

2 we lost to major corruption to the 2 teams sitting first and second. We played well in both and matched each team pretty much.

I think the other was when we played our under 16-s against last season's champions.

I think we are doing more than ok.

• Like 4

Sickening capitulation. Unacceptable lapses in concentration and desire. The difference between Champions League qualifying sides and pretenders. They thought they would walk this one but should've known better. The team that wanted to win the game more won it.

If Ross Barkley can't be bothered to defend set pieces, he should be dropped.

Not a great introduction to Aston Villa for Sanson who we could've used tonight.

We go again on Saturday, but what a costly loss, one that should dispel any further ideas about us qualifying for Europe. Not happening now.

Â