• Barkley
    • Grealish
    • Watkins
    • Trézéguet (Traoré 83)
    • Elmohamady (Barkley 83)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/01/21 at 23:59

Mings passing the ball into touch, playing it safe everytime he gets the ball in left back area. The one time he doesnt play it out for throw, up against Wood, he conceded a corner, and yep, goal.

Defence and keeper generally OK other than that, Targett played well. Martinez and defence not able to do much against those last 2. They both just snuck perfectly in the corner. Any other day its wide or keeper collects. When it's not going for you.....

Luiz OK, McGinn looks slower to me for some reason. Barklay just not at the races. He does this thing where he receives the ball on the edge of the box and just looks utterly confused. Grealish on another planet. Traore shows you why he isnt a £30-40mil player. Some weeks he looks top drawer and then games like today he doesnt offer any end product. Watkins got his goal, should have done better with the one on one.

When in ascendancy in first half just have to be more brutal and clinical.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I would say 6 to 8 points behind where we should be

Absolutely, we should be where West Ham are with the games in hand. 

and to re address the losses means we need to be overturning sides which would be a big win. 

we don’t make it easy on ourselves. If we beat City and United all things are good again. But having to do that is so frustrating and also very unlikely. 

4 minutes ago, WooJung said:

I hate it that so often we lose games because the opposition score absurd goals (Southampton, leeds, today) and we crest loads of chances and don't take them.

It's just freaky that is happening to us at the moment.  Even the Man City goal, which due to the rule was absurd....just keeps happening to us.  That's why I have belief because that freakiness cant keep happening and normality and ratios at some point count.  Football I know is not fair after all the decades I've watched football but some things balance out somewhat but we are on the end some freak goals.....

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kjøttbacken said:

I watched Liverpool-Burnley also, and for them to come away from the last two games with six points is a 1/100 scenario at best....

If we played Burnleys three goal scoring situations ten times over, I’m sure we would go home with a clean sheet seven or eight times. 

Gigantic fluke, so have some perspective. 

It'd be a fluke if it didn't happen so often.  I think in most games we have lost we have created more and better chances than the opposition. 

Thats not a fluke, its a pattern.

To be fair Burnley had beaten Wolves, Liverpool and Arsenal this season.  It’s disappointing to concede such soft goals and not win when creating so many chances. But we haven’t just lost to a non league team.  You have to give them some credit. Although they are dirty bastards. 

1 minute ago, flashingqwerty said:

It'd be a fluke if it didn't happen so often.  I think in most games we have lost we have created more and better chances than the opposition. 

Thats not a fluke, its a pattern.

I agree it's a pattern that we are quite good  but a bit wasteful.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

It's just freaky that is happening to us at the moment.  Even the Man City goal, which due to the rule was absurd....just keeps happening to us.  That's why I have belief because that freakiness cant keep happening and normality and ratios at some point count.  Football I know is not fair after all the decades I've watched football but some things balance out somewhat but we are on the end some freak goals.....

We are due quite a bit of luck/decisions then, we've really been on the receiving end of it much more than on the benefitting 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, est1874 said:

The first one was a great Hollywood pass. Even Barry Bannan had one of those in him every game.

There was nothing 'amazing' about the pass to Grealish - it was a straight and direct forward pass with no obstacles. Grealish had his back to goal, so all the work was his to do.

A midfielder occasionally completing a pass does not a good performance make. Can we break the illusion that he's doing anything but flattering to deceive if he keeps giving the ball away in between those completed passes?

Nakamba's midfield performance at the weekend put McGinn's performances either side of that to shame. Nakamba!

This.

One decent pass from McGinn, am I the only person here who think he is too slow for the PL. Time and time again he gets caught in possession of the ball.

Nakamba should have played, he was very good against Newcastle and if I was him I'd be very upset at not playing tonight.

Nakamba has the strength we missed tonight in the middle, especially second-half when they were getting too physical for us.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hate to say it but Barkley really is playing like a loanee. Class in abundance but not what you would call a grafter and for his size really doesn't get stuck in. Definitely have seen him make a few "business decisions" by pulling out of 50/50's.

Nakamba and trez subbed on earlier for mcginn and traore and we win that game

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

To be fair Burnley had beaten Wolves, Liverpool and Arsenal this season.  It’s disappointing to concede such soft goals and not win when creating so many chances. But we haven’t just lost to a non league team.  You have to give them some credit. Although they are dirty bastards. 

We know what Burnley are, because they haven't got the talent to play any other way.

In the first half we was heading for a Route......but then they upper their aggression, probably a rollickin from Dyce.....as a result they won every ball the goal keeps kicked out, that won second balls, they were first to the ball on many occasions and when they desired just pushed us back....in contrast we offered no challenges just fell back deeper.....Balls in to the box from them became a lottery.

There was never any danger......we created it from an inept defensive offering...... and when I say poor defensively, I mean mainly midfield....the 2 full backs played ok again.....the centre was pants.

We lost that many headed balls.....The sharks smelt blood and just capitalised in that area.

Gutted we lost because we played some bloody good football at times and should have been out of sight at half time, crap defending which has been pretty rare this season. 

Can't wait for the day the like of Burnley are relegated for playing long ball tactics.

Couldn't watch most of second half due to work but kept glancing at it. Wasteful is why we lost. We should have been 2 or 3 up before they got a goal. Poor today from barkley, he should have been off after 60 mins.

Traore drifted out of the game dramatically around the same sort of time. 

If this subs had been made 20 mins earlier I don't think we would have chucked the game as we did.

3 huge points towards safety lost when we had them safely in the bag.

Disappointed.

3 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

This.

One decent pass from McGinn, am I the only person here who think he is too slow for the PL. Time and time again he gets caught in possession of the ball.

Nakamba should have played, he was very good against Newcastle and if I was him I'd be very upset at notifying tonight.

Nakamba has the strength we missed tonight in the middle, especially second-half when they were getting too physical for us.

apart from that one pass to Ollie, I am not sure, what he actually did.....He is not a defensive midfielder, its clear.....He has no clear skill or mastery at dispossesing opponents.

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

Couldn't watch most of second half due to work but kept glancing at it. Wasteful is why we lost. We should have been 2 or 3 up before they got a goal. Poor today from barkley, he should have been off after 60 mins.

Traore drifted out of the game dramatically around the same sort of time. 

If this subs had been made 20 mins earlier I don't think we would have chucked the game as we did.

3 huge points towards safety lost when we had them safely in the bag.

Disappointed.

we was many things tonight.... but 2 goals is enough to win a game.....we have to look inwardly at oursleves and see where our vulnerabilities lie.

This happened against Brighton and West Ham......its us we need to look at not Burnley.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Dont get the hate for burnley. Ghey punished us for our woeful defending and shit finishing.

We have no one but ourselves to blame. Fair play to them 

No need for the slur, mate. 

;) 

• Haha 1

Â