• Barkley
    • Grealish
    • Watkins
    • Trézéguet (Traoré 83)
    • Elmohamady (Barkley 83)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/01/21 at 23:59

25 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

Absolutely, we should be where West Ham are with the games in hand. 

and to re address the losses means we need to be overturning sides which would be a big win. 

we don’t make it easy on ourselves. If we beat City and United all things are good again. But having to do that is so frustrating and also very unlikely. 

where is our Declan Rice and Soucek?

we cannot defend through midfield and expect to win anything playing like that......our front men are carrying us.

Midfield is our achilles heel, it is where our vulnerability lies.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Dont get the hate for burnley. Ghey punished us for our woeful defending and shit finishing.

We have no one but ourselves to blame. Fair play to them 

That is bang on.....no one to blame but ourselves for tonight.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

That should be a wake up call, as to why we bought Sanson.....I'm afraid a few of our favourites are being found out, in games like this.

No room for sentiment, Sanson is here to improve the first eleven and not to sit on the bench.

• Like 1

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

No room for sentiment, Sanson is here to improve the first eleven and not to sit on the bench.

bang on.....some of us have seen this for some time.....we have aspects of our play that is wonderful, absolutely breathtaking at times.....but the mentality at times is so *****ing benevolent its frightening....where are the tackles or disruptive foot in , like they do?....where is the aggression in the middle of the park......There is only up front or at the back, where anything gets serious......by the time it gets to the back, its too late, because we can't win headers.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

That's twice he's missed 1 -1 's with time. Definitely needs to work on that.

2 was enough......why do we think we have to score 3 away from home to win a game.

No point in being able to turn on a display like the first half I’d we can’t convert it into a winning performance. Need more of a killer instinct up front.

As for defending, I am lost for words. We’ve conceded 21 goals this season. I wonder what proportion is from defensive bloopers?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, osmark86 said:

because for the majority of the game we completely outclassed them and it was fine margins that gave them the win. we were the better team, but shafted ourselves and they got a bit lucky especially for their second goal.

We are in the Premier  league that’s what happens 

Just now, TRO said:

Well, if there is any doubt, we are work in progress.......that was it.

Yep. We were attempting to paint a masterpiece when what was needed was a bucket and a roller.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

He couldn't get his feet right, it happens. Barkley missing rebound with open net under no pressure was criminal. Going for net rippler instead of simple. Annoys me when teammate does that in 7 a side

19 minutes ago, TRO said:

where is our Declan Rice and Soucek?

we cannot defend through midfield and expect to win anything playing like that......our front men are carrying us.

Midfield is our achilles heel, it is where our vulnerability lies.

Defensively yes, going forward our midfield is brilliant. 

McGinn seemed to be missing a bit defensively tonight, going forward he was great, some fabulous passes.

our problem tonight was not pressing when they were out wide. Top sides don’t do that. 

yes letting them have it wide and cross in is easier on the whole to clear but as we proved tonight it’s not the case for us. 

Top sides like city do just one thing off the ball really well. Just one.

they press the man with the ball in their own half constantly and ensure the easy short passes are also pressed incredibly quickly. 

They force sides to try something fancy or go over the top, they back themselves not to make individual errors to cost them goals and points. 

If we pressed those wide phases Burnely had for goal 2 and 3, could have nabbed a 2-1 win. 

19 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Its what tells me he isn't the quality striker we need.

I'd push him out wide when Wesley returns or sign a new striker.  He's very wasteful.

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Dont get the hate for burnley. Ghey punished us for our woeful defending and shit finishing.

We have no one but ourselves to blame. Fair play to them 

me neither, a small town club with a low transfer budget punching above their weight. The football we played firsts half was magnificent but our conversion rate on chances is quite poor really.,  We have come a long way and we are a work in progress, and i dont want to be critical because I love the football we play but we need to dig in against these physical sides like West ham and Burnley better than we are. We are good at defending against sides that play football but we have still making the same mistakes we were last season and not defending high  crosses well. Martinez too could have done better but he has been brilliant all season. 

28 minutes ago, TRO said:

That should be a wake up call, as to why we bought Sanson.....I'm afraid a few of our favourites are being found out, in games like this.

Interesting that the two players most threatened by Sanson put in the least effective shifts tonight. Sanson walks into a starting role on that evidence. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Its what tells me he isn't the quality striker we need.

I'd push him out wide when Wesley returns or sign a new striker.  He's very wasteful.

Wesley wouldn't have been in that space to get the one on one.

Just now, maqroll said:

Interesting that the two players most threatened by Sanson put in the least effective shifts tonight. Sanson walks into a starting role on that evidence. 

I agree....I have been saying it for some time, the game just goes past them.....no where near enough aggression.....play like that and is it any wonder a team like them grows in to the game.

8 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

No point in being able to turn on a display like the first half I’d we can’t convert it into a winning performance. Need more of a killer instinct up front.

As for defending, I am lost for words. We’ve conceded 21 goals this season. I wonder what proportion is from defensive bloopers?

According to the usual top stays sites, none.  But I can think of more than a few off the top of my head...

Â