Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

On 11/09/2021 at 19:56, hippo said:

Massively different injury.

Wesley ruptured and shredded ligaments. Pretty much the next morning the prognosis was clear.

I'm making the assumption that MS only sprained his. He jogged of the pitch - Wesley was stretchered off - initially it was thought MS injury was only minor. I can't believe the AV physios or the player himself would miss ruptured or torn ligaments (you generally hear them go - and the area bruises pretty rapidly).

For whatever reason it was a minor injury that didn't rehab as expected  - or there was a further injury after the initial one.

A 'sprain' can mean anything from stretched ligaments to a full tear. I'm just assuming you mean 'minor sprain'. We probably shouldn't assume an injury based on the players reaction at the time. I walked home after tearing my MCL, admittedly I was 33 and don't have access to the medical facilities of a professional footballer, but it didn't blow up until some time later and still isn't 100% 5 years on. 

There's could be a multitude of reasons why it took 5 months, and we will probably never know what those reasons are. Nor does it matter as long as he comes back right in the end. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

A 'sprain' can mean anything from stretched ligaments to a full tear. I'm just assuming you mean 'minor sprain'. We probably shouldn't assume an injury based on the players reaction at the time. I walked home after tearing my MCL, admittedly I was 33 and don't have access to the medical facilities of a professional footballer, but it didn't blow up until some time later and still isn't 100% 5 years on. 

There's could be a multitude of reasons why it took 5 months, and we will probably never know what those reasons are. Nor does it matter as long as he comes back right in the end. 

Very true. In physio world they grade sprains the highest level being an outright tear / rupture.

If that MCL nots right 5 years later. Keep rehab going. Don't assume it will get better as you age !!!!!

On 11/09/2021 at 19:56, hippo said:

Massively different injury.

Wesley ruptured and shredded ligaments. Pretty much the next morning the prognosis was clear.

I'm making the assumption that MS only sprained his. He jogged of the pitch - Wesley was stretchered off - initially it was thought MS injury was only minor. I can't believe the AV physios or the player himself would miss ruptured or torn ligaments (you generally hear them go - and the area bruises pretty rapidly).

For whatever reason it was a minor injury that didn't rehab as expected  - or there was a further injury after the initial one.

Morgan hurt his ankle in his last game with us. He did his knee in training. 

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Morgan hurt his ankle in his last game with us. He did his knee in training. 

Thank you for clarifying. I was sure  at the game he got injured in he had an ice pack on his ankle.

Next thing he's posting that his knee injury is much worse than thought. So what you have said makes sense.

23 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

He'll have to wait his turn and play extremely well if he wants to break into the team and keep his place.

I'd argue Ramsey and McGinn have been our best two players this season.

I think he'll get his chance pretty soon.

On 15/09/2021 at 10:50, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Unfortunately for him I think his opportunity will come in the cup game against Chelsea, and that will be extremely difficult to leave a lasting impression.

But that won't be his only chance. Injuries and suspensions will always leave gaps.

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

You do have to wonder what’s going on here. 

Could be looking at another Guilbert situation here hate to say it. 

I don't see a way back in for him unless we get an abnormal amount of injuries. 

Edited by villalad21

Â