Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

Could it just be that the physical demands of the French league are so behind the Premier League it takes some players a lot longer to get up to speed. Especially when all they have ever known is that league. Remember the state of Veretout and look at him now. We shouldn’t be too hasty with Sanson.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

That is what I am thinking to sadly. January transfers are often a bit random and not planned for. Like Samatta the year before.

We had been scouting him for 12 months prior to signing him. He's been injured for a long time. 

4 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Not sure you understand what the term ‘devil’s advocate’ means 🤔

Devils advocate is **** dumb as hell. In fact it's a main reason for our crumbling democracy. You paint one side based on fact and reason and the other side baed on utter BS as equal and reasonable and you end up with **** idiots who believe vaccines don't work, Racism isn't a problem and that climate change isn't a serious issue. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, TRO said:

I don't really know what's been wrong with him.

you used to be able to gauge the time out if you knew what an injury was.....I've completely lost track now.

It seems to me a broken leg would have been quicker.

What makes you think the club didn’t know the timeframe?

Ligament injuries are far more complicated than leg breaks too. It’s like comparing apples with quantum mechanics.

Also sports science has changed the way injuries are dealt with. It used to be that they would take a couple of rudimentary scans to ensure there was no structural damage and ask the player how they felt before chucking them into the fray. I’m sure if they really needed Sanson to play tomorrow, he could, but they obviously want to make sure he’s up to speed in terms of his fitness levels first.

Be happy they’re doing this the right way. Your club and it’s assets are in good hands.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Could it just be that the physical demands of the French league are so behind the Premier League it takes some players a lot longer to get up to speed. Especially when all they have ever known is that league. Remember the state of Veretout and look at him now. We shouldn’t be too hasty with Sanson.

I think there could be something in that as we signed Gueye from France that same season, and although he adjusted a lot better, he improved ten fold the following season for Everton and then moved to PSG!

26 minutes ago, stegzy said:

I think there could be something in that as we signed Gueye from France that same season, and although he adjusted a lot better, he improved ten fold the following season for Everton and then moved to PSG!

Personally thought Gueye was very good for us, he was basically playing in midfield on his own. Anyone with a football brain could see what he offered, yet there were many who thought he wasn’t good enough. He didn’t improve 10 fold at Everton, he was just surrounded by better players.

Edited by WHY
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It's amazing that you've been on VT this long and still haven't learned that this kind of rational, level-headed logic will get you strung up on here.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Devils advocate is **** dumb as hell. In fact it's a main reason for our crumbling democracy. You paint one side based on fact and reason and the other side baed on utter BS as equal and reasonable and you end up with **** idiots who believe vaccines don't work, Racism isn't a problem and that climate change isn't a serious issue. 

The people who believe vaccines don't work, racism isn't a problem and climate change is a serious issue aren't believing because they're "playing devils advocate". They believe them because they're idiots.

Some degree of devils advocate is good.  As much as we like to believe that our initial intuitions or the prevailing narratives toward a certain issue are completely correct, more often than we realize they aren't. The ability to pick apart the argument or the conclusion you believe in(whether its you challenging yourself or challenging someone else who has the same arguments and conclusions) and perform some introspection is a very good trait to have. Its how you reach stronger and more infallible arguments and recognize mistakes in your beliefs.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 2

Â