Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

25 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I think its completely fair to have questions about him. We havent seen much of him and he has been here for half a year. I am optimistic about him but I have zero evidence for that.

questions are fine, but the truth is we don't know if he will be a success or a flop for us

No matter who you are or how good you are, this is one of the hardest and most competitive league's in the world, any transition takes time, he joined without a preseason and played in a team getting ritually rogered due to Grealish being injured, then he got a nasty injury.

He might still turn out to be crap but bit premature to write him off yet, even if he gets fit it will take a while for him to bed into any side/squad, which I am sure will draw frothing rage from his fan club on here.

He's back in training and a few weeks off from being back in contention, so at least that is something.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1

No one's writing the guy off. It's just people are weirdly optimistic for a guy who's barely played and when he has, has been quite poor tbh.

Like I said, not writing him off. It's a small sample size but I can't deny it's going to justifiably colour my opinion of him a bit. If I was 50/50 on him succeeding I'd be 45/55 on him now. But it seems like people are 90/10 on him based on little evidence and are angry at people who are justifiably a bit sceptical.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

He looked good when he played

Personally I really haven’t seen much of him in a Villa shirt to make a judgement either way so I’m surprised to read some say he is poor and equally some say he was good. It’s been that long since we last saw him too. Need a much larger sample size of games. I think he will come good though. We do need him to come good really, no other choice.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Here I thought you were following him in Ligue 1. He could be a world beater and you wouldn't know, 291 mins is barely 3 games worth of football, it's nothing. You don't know if he's average or good or bad based on such limited time watching him.

What I'm saying is that Sanson doesn't seem to be any better than the midfielders we already have (had). I'm sure he's a fine rotation option, but what we need(ed) was a clear upgrade on midfield, and I don't think he is that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AVTuco said:

What I'm saying is that Sanson doesn't seem to be any better than the midfielders we already have (had). I'm sure he's a fine rotation option, but what we need(ed) was a clear upgrade on midfield, and I don't think he is that.

But you havent seen him play. 291 minutes is nothing 

Took Jorginho 2 years to come good at Chelsea, Barkley was brilliant when he had similar minutes 

Edited by Zatman

I'm positive about Sanson for two reasons. Firstly we made great signings last season. All have turned out great. The next is midfilded is our weakest area so the bar isn't that high for Sanson to hit. I think/hope he'll turn out to be our best midfilder by end of the season. 

• Like 1

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

What are the odds of him getting injured tonight 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886qlqootvqba4mf6ie18

Needs 50-60minutes really anything else would be a bonus.

I'd imagine if he comes through OK he will playing another game before premiership returns.

Hope he plays well tonight.

Â