Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, LoughboroughLion said:

No mention in today's presser?

there is a Brum mail article where there is more quotes saying Sanson is training and needs game time before he will start and they are arranging more behind doors matches to get him minutes.

sounds like he will be on the bench at least.

said Carney Chuk got injured on England U19 duty so is out álso.

I don't really know what's been wrong with him.

you used to be able to gauge the time out if you knew what an injury was.....I've completely lost track now.

It seems to me a broken leg would have been quicker.

• Like 1

Playing devil’s advocate, he just might not be very good. That encompasses ability, fitness, conditioning etc. Who knows. The same question has been bandied around at united with van de beek, although no injury, they might not like what they are seeing day to day.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Playing devil’s advocate, he just might not be very good. That encompasses ability, fitness, conditioning etc. Who knows. The same question has been bandied around at united with van de beek, although no injury, they might not like what they are seeing day to day.

That is what I am thinking to sadly. January transfers are often a bit random and not planned for. Like Samatta the year before.

31 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

That is what I am thinking to sadly. January transfers are often a bit random and not planned for. Like Samatta the year before.

They planned to sign Sanson in the summer, but the opportunity arose to get him cheap as his club decided to cash in which resulted in his manager almost quitting over the sale.

9 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

How is that playing devil's advocate? You're not offering a balanced view that tries to draw a line down the middle of two extreme sets of views, more creating a new line of even more extreme 'fake news' style propaganda about him, which this thread really needs (cough) as if there isn't enough conspiracy theories already.

Not sure you understand what the term ‘devil’s advocate’ means 🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

Not sure you understand what the term ‘devil’s advocate’ means 🤔

No i get it, they were 'pretending', to believe Sanson is secretly just rubbish all round... but they don't believe that - in a deeply cunning attempt to provoke discussion.

But there isn't really that much nuance on a football forum, so introducing a new conspiracy theory for discussion just heightens the crazy on here.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 2

We won’t know how good he is until we see him play a few matches. We have seen precious little of him so far and all this argumentative to-ing and fro-ing is done in a vacuum until we have some actual evidence.

I think Villa fans have a tendency to be naturally pessimistic about these cases, based on a number of past examples of players who flopped after barely playing a game.

Let’s hope it’s different this time.

26 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

No i get it, you were 'pretending', to believe Sanson is secretly just rubbish all round... but you don't believe that - in a deeply cunning attempt to provoke discussion.

But there isn't really that much nuance on a football forum, so introducing a new conspiracy theory for discussion just heightens the crazy on here.

Not sure you understand who posts the messages you reply to 🤔

Â