Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, Woody1000 said:

I just think making jokes about incidents where people have died is in bad taste, so I called it out.

I don’t want to sound like a snowflake, it didn’t offend me.

It is in bad taste, agreed. But then, people make bad taste jokes all the time. Sometimes they're about death. Sometimes they're very funny, sometimes they're not. This one happened not to be that funny IMO, but I don't personally believe that should the be defining factor between what is and isn't acceptable.

It concerns me that as a society we are so quick to rush to be offended on somebody else's behalf, we don't stop to question what we're doing or where all this is heading. I mean, who was actually hurt by the joke?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Glad someone pointed out that he was referencing a plane accident where a player and pilot died. 

Maybe keep that one in the old head son ey? 

There is always a line.....and there is always one who crosses it...sadly.

I'm sure it was meant in jest, but its knowing the boundaries of humour.

Edited by TRO

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

There is always a line.....and there is always one who crosses it...sadly.

I'm sure it was meant in jest, but its knowing the boundaries of humour.

It was more tongue in cheek and not at all laughing at the fact it was a tragic accident imo. I think there is a difference to be fair to the poster. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, birdman said:

It was more tongue in cheek and not at all laughing at the fact it was a tragic accident imo. I think there is a difference to be fair to the poster. 

I understand that, but when you have a kaleidoscope of personalities and views, one has to be careful......The reader does not always see through the same lens as the writer, I am sure we are aware of that.

I think it is always wise to steer clear of tragedy....even if humour is involved....it can easily be misinterpreted.

"One mans meat is another mans poison" as they say.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I agree and I think we'll be looking to build a squad of twenty or so 'starters' if that makes any sense?

It does, yes. If we want to be able to play in Europe and domestically with any chance of success, we'll need a pool of talent to choose from. I think twenty is probably overstating it - I think it's doable with 15 players who are first team quality, as any more than that and you'll have to deal with players who aren't happy with their game time. 

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It is in bad taste, agreed. But then, people make bad taste jokes all the time. Sometimes they're about death. Sometimes they're very funny, sometimes they're not. This one happened not to be that funny IMO, but I don't personally believe that should the be defining factor between what is and isn't acceptable.

It concerns me that as a society we are so quick to rush to be offended on somebody else's behalf, we don't stop to question what we're doing or where all this is heading. I mean, who was actually hurt by the joke?

I think that's just the risk you run when making risky jokes. If it falls flat then people have the right to call them out on it.

I also don't think someone specifically has to be hurt by a joke for it to be in bad taste.

I'd never heard of him before last week but thanks to the plethora of "Welcome To Arsenal Morgan" videos on Youtube I've now convinced myself he's the best box to box midfielder in Europe.

I'm already pissed off about Alan Brazil trying to manufacture a move to Man Ure in the summer and he hasn't kicked a ball yet.

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

This is the best highlight video of them all. He’s just posted it on his Instagram as a thank you to Marseille. Looks a player 😍

Edit - can’t get it to embed! So go and see for yourselves! 😁

Nice little video

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKhFuuroJof/ 

Also noticed around the 2 minute mark him tackling our Traore when he was in France.

Just now, penguin said:

Can he play today?

He can, but he hasn't even trained yet I don't think. 

Needs to at least have a couple of sessions before being in the match day squad in my opinion. Bench for the Saints game maybe?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, penguin said:

Can he play today?

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Needs to at least have a couple of sessions before being in the match day squad in my opinion. Bench for the Saints game maybe?

i think i read somewhere that Deano said Sanson's first training day with us was planned to be Thursday, so i imagine he will be on the bench this weekend, but not tonight.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

That would seem the wise decision.

The impatient fan in me would love to see him on the bench for a cameo however brief though, no matter how unlikely or wise it would be to actually happen.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

i think i read somewhere that Deano said Sanson's first training day with us was planned to be Thursday, so i imagine he will be on the bench this weekend, but not tonight.

Even if he could, it would be ridiculous to include him.

Even ONE training day is too little.

We aren't in the deep, dark days where we are so desperate for inspiration from anywhere that Doris could get a game. lol

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Even if he could, it would be ridiculous to include him.

Even ONE training day is too little.

We aren't in the deep, dark days where we are so desperate for inspiration from anywhere that Doris could get a game. lol

It's bizarre that people want/think a player should be playing a couple of days after flying over without at least several team trainings

• Like 1

Â