Substitutes

• 7Milner
  • 14Henderson
  • 17Jones
  • 18Minamino
  • 27Origi
  • 62Kelleher
  • 76N Williams

I was talking about the carabao cup game. That line up you pulled up was not that game. They fielded their academy basically that night.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

People are aaare if we play the kids we would be expeced tk the play the same kids vs spurs. Son and kane would absolutely have a field day.

Its all about safety and i think correct decision is to call it off ro minimise any further risk

School Teacher GIF by Sesame Street

We won’t know the situation until we know how many first teamers have tested positive. It might not be them all and we might still be able to field a decent reserve team. If not, then play the kids, or if that’s not feasible reschedule or forfeit. 

Or we could just let Ozzy Osborne scrap it out with Paul McCartney in a bare knuckle match at the Aston Social beer garden. 

19 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I was talking about the carabao cup game. That line up you pulled up was not that game. They fielded their academy basically that night.

Christopher Reeve Meme GIF

:)

edit: sorry mate, I spend far too long on VT.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

The cup and the league are completely different competitions with different rules and precedent.

The PL has already postponed games this season so i think  games will get rescheduled..

With the cup, we've already seen teams have to play weaker teams or forfeit where teams have been hit by Covid.

As mentioned above, we are just going to have to 'play the kids'/forfeit in the cup and accept it in these strange and uncertain times. For the league, i'd be gearing up for something similar to Project Restart 2.0 com March/April

just forfeit. the cups feel like an unwelcome burden as it is for every club this season, and winning one won’t feel particularly special anyway.

aside from that, it’s not worth the extra risk of more spread with a game going ahead.

41 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Villa banter team to face Liverpool:

---------------------Guzan

Beye--Crespo--Lescott--Bennett

Bacuna--Salifou--Drinkwater--Bannan

----------Harewood---Helenius

Barry Bannan is in purely coz of the drink driving yea? He was a good footballer just a terrible driver!

Edited by Steero113

22 minutes ago, turvontour said:

If it was a case of just play the kids, would they not need to be given notice? Rather than being told on the day of the game. 

Reading that a lot of the U-23s have trained/do train with the first team so you could end up with the U-16s playing Plop ... not the best!!

• Like 1

Shite news this, just when things were good from a Villa point of view.

The most important thing to hope is that none of the players are badly affected and start to suffer long term effects. Saint-Maximin being **** for Newcastle is what can happen, also countless examples of myocarditis and lung damage to sports people around the world. 

However serious questions have to be asked as to how a major outbreak was allowed to develop. Enough is known about how this virus spreads that there should not have been a situation where players were together in an unventilated closed area together. Maybe there is no point in crying over spilled milk at this stage but it is annoying that it has happened.

Again though just hope everyone can make a full recovery though.

• Like 1

I hope everyone gets fine. 
To be honest, I think it would be better for us to have the next two postponed, and play Man City. It would be too tight and hard games. We’d be smashed against City.

I hope some first team players are ok to play against Liverpool. 

But safety first anyway.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1381092/Aston-Villa-vs-Liverpool-postponed-cancelled-FA-Cup-third-round-coronavirus

I was reading some newsnow stories and I'm so done with English journalism. The headline says one thing, you click the article and the headline is at the bottom of the article in one line, with a ton of non relevant crap on the previous pages. 
Then you got stuff like the one above where the headline says something that isn't even mentioned in the bloody article. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Different competitions, and I don't really care about the FA Cup, but it feels like a proper kick in the balls that Newcastle got to reschedule their match with us, but we'll be forced to play the kids or forfeit.

Â