Covid outbreak Jan 2021

NurembergVillan

No way any of our first team are playing this game they'll all have to isolate for a while given they're training with the others that have it

Saints Shrewsbury only postponed because Shrewsbury have the issue, and their whole squad is so small they don't have enough fit to field a team, even including their youth teams.

The other club in a similar situation is Derby  who are fielding an under 23 team for their game,  because they can, so this is what is likely to happen for us.

Just now, ThunderPower_14 said:

Given Klopp wants the rest anyway, can we just play our under 10s vs their under 10s?

Maybe a Vills legends team, we can play Hutton, Gabby, Andre Moreira maybe even Drinkwater

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

January was set to be a busy month of fixtures. Not sure with the squad size of ours will cope well with added congestion, but the health of staff and players is paramount. Wishing for speedy recoveries and nobody around them catches it. There's much bigger things in life than football.

Edited by The_Steve

Just now, The_Steve said:

It's extremely worrying when we know one of the first team squad is asthmatic. I don't forsee a scenario where there isn't a temporary halt across the league soon.

who is asthmatic?

1 hour ago, pas5898 said:

This. 

Will damage those kids. 

How exactly will it damage them? Losing to a team that they know beforehand is vastly superior to them? If anything it would be an opportunity for them to see what the highest level is like and show them how far they have to go. If any of the players are psychologically damaged by losing to Liverpool in the 3rd round of the cup they would have never made it as a pro footballer anyway.

• Like 2

Sorry but we'll come out of this looking very bad from a sporting point of view, if we don't fulfil the fixture or request it to be postponed. Play the u23s. Take our licks. Move on with it. The circumstances are not the same but Liverpool played us with no first team members available. From a sporting and moral perspective, we should reciprocate that.

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

That'd leave Spurs potentially needing to play 41 games in 81 days.

I don't see how the season can continue now. The situation is worse than what it was in March and April and until the vaccines get it under control then these major outbreaks at clubs are to continue

• Like 2

We need to get the league game postponed and hope we can be fairly strong for the Everton game. Forfeit or play the u23s in the cup it really doesnt matter.

Hope they all recover and dont suffer any long last side effects. I had covid in March and was completely fine, just lost smell and taste for 10 days but that was it. Obviously affects different people differently but id like to think they will all be fine. Couldnt care less about the FA Cup though, just don’t want all our good work in the league to be undone. UTV

• Like 2

For the FA Cup game, we'll have been fielding a weakened eleven anyway - there's every likelihood that a good number of the kids will have been mixed in with first team training. 

Thanks to the recent development of Bodymoor, the U23's do now have their own pitches, training rooms, parking, gym and so on - but I wonder how many of the better ones will have been training in the main building this week.

I think it's also worth noting that some of the younger ones from abroad might have gone home for a little while and there's a chance they won't be available. 

I don't think it's as simple as just saying put the U23's out.

• Like 1

Â