Covid outbreak Jan 2021

NurembergVillan

If we must fulfill the game and there's not enough players to play I don't mind dusting off the old Adidas Predators and making myself look an arse. Just don't expect me to last more than 5 minutes.

Although the missus might be grateful if I lasted that long! Or not as the case may be.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Maybe a Vills legends team, we can play Hutton, Gabby, Andre Moreira maybe even Drinkwater

My money would still be on the plop under 10's 😋

16 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

The circumstances are not the same but Liverpool played us with no first team members available. From a sporting and moral perspective, we should reciprocate that.

Whaaaat???  Liverpool CHOSE to play a weakened team. All their players were available if Liverpool had wanted them to play in that game.

We also chose to play a much weaker second string team.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

not many kids in that line up ;)

• 13Adrián
  • 66Alexander-Arnold
  • 12GomezSubstituted forJonesat 61'minutes
  • 4van DijkBooked at 38mins
  • 26Robertson
  • 8KeitaSubstituted forMinaminoat 45'minutes
  • 3Fabinho
  • 5Wijnaldum
  • 11Salah
  • 9FirminoSubstituted forMilnerat 68'minutes
  • 20Jota

Substitutes

• 7Milner
  • 14Henderson
  • 17Jones
  • 18Minamino
  • 27Origi
  • 62Kelleher
  • 76N Williams

Isn’t the comment you are replying  to about a cup game not the league fixture ?

27 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

For the FA Cup game, we'll have been fielding a weakened eleven anyway - there's every likelihood that a good number of the kids will have been mixed in with first team training. 

Thanks to the recent development of Bodymoor, the U23's do now have their own pitches, training rooms, parking, gym and so on - but I wonder how many of the better ones will have been training in the main building this week.

I think it's also worth noting that some of the younger ones from abroad might have gone home for a little while and there's a chance they won't be available. 

I don't think it's as simple as just saying put the U23's out.

Put the academy kids out!

In all seriousness will the lower level kids be getting tested regularly enough to be eligible?

28 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

If we must fulfill the game and there's not enough players to play I don't mind dusting off the old Adidas Predators and making myself look an arse. Just don't expect me to last more than 5 minutes.

Although the missus might be grateful if I lasted that long! Or not as the case may be.

pompouscunt - Tumblr blog | Tumgir

• Haha 1

People are aaare if we play the kids we would be expeced tk the play the same kids vs spurs. Son and kane would absolutely have a field day.

Its all about safety and i think correct decision is to call it off ro minimise any further risk

Our U23s would get obliterated. I think we've got some very promising players but didn't they get smashed by Sunderland however many weeks ago? I don't even want to think what Liverpool might do. 

Forfeit the game and move on. 

Really doesn't matter to me tbh if game is postponed,has to be replayed,or we are forced to forfeit it.

Its about the health and wellbeing of those who tested positive and their families.My thoughts go out to them and hope they recover soon.

UTV

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

People are aaare if we play the kids we would be expeced tk the play the same kids vs spurs. Son and kane would absolutely have a field day.

Its all about safety and i think correct decision is to call it off ro minimise any further risk

No we aren’t.

Â