Covid outbreak Jan 2021

NurembergVillan

It wouldn't necessarily be a kids team - the kids train at Bodymoor too and we have no idea which players are affected - it could end up being a mismatch of experience and youth - which might have been our starting point anyway.

The Spurs game is equally troubling.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We could play this on 4th round date - the difficulties would then come if we won and drew a team that are in European competition. There's room in our calendar for games, but if we draw a team in Europe they might not find it so easy. Liverpool could fit in a game on the 4th round date, but might then struggle to get their 4th round game into the schedule if they beat us.

sounds perfect.   If a team in Europe can't fit it in, then they should forfeit the game 😛

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We could play this on 4th round date - the difficulties would then come if we won and drew a team that are in European competition. There's room in our calendar for games, but if we draw a team in Europe they might not find it so easy. Liverpool could fit in a game on the 4th round date, but might then struggle to get their 4th round game into the schedule if they beat us.

That's the most logical option for me. One round behind everyone but fair few teams have had that in the past when bad weather has called games off on 3rd round weekend. Also in the past you've had FA cup games on a Monday after playing a league game on the Saturday so that must be a back up plan I assume but the mass fixture list for many teams is a big issue.

I'd say even bigger issue now is I can't see how we'll be forced to play v Spurs given previous postponments in recent weeks so call that off and Spurs have hardly any room to fit that match in if you look at their fixture list for rest of the season.

Edited by VillaChris

25 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Stuff is getting tight. I read of Man City get to the FA Cup final and the CL semi final then they’d have to play every mid week from now until the end of the season. Relevant because that’s one of our games that could get postponed because of this. 

Obviously hope everyone concerned is ok and recovers quickly 

I feel terrible for them.

Fingers crossed everybody remains OK and the health effects for all are minor.

I know from DS comments in pre-season that at least 1 of the first-team squad is asthmatic. Hope he is not one of the ones infected.

Thoughts for all. Season started off great for Villa but is going to descend into madness for all teams very shortly now.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 1

If the Spurs game is postponed then I can only see two options - either wait and hope Spurs are knocked out of either the FA Cup or European completion then use one of those dates where we can - or, if they aren't prepared to risk that, play it on the 15th February, which will be difficult as both us and Spurs will have played on the 13th February. 

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

If the Spurs game is postponed then I can only see two options - either wait and hope Spurs are knocked out of either the FA Cup or European completion then use one of those dates where we can - or, if they aren't prepared to risk that, play it on the 15th February, which will be difficult as both us and Spurs will have played on the 13th February. 

Why do all the matches need to be finished by a certain date, because of the euros?

I remember quite a few people on here giving Newcastle stick for postponing our game.

I wonder if these people feels the same and that we should just get on with it against Spurs if we have several first team players out.

• Like 4

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

The problem isn't just them, if they can only get a game in on a Monday after playing on a Saturday and that game is against us, we'd also need to play Saturday and Monday.

Obviously not just them. This problem will affect all clubs by the end of the season I reckon.

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I remember quite a few people on here giving Newcastle stick for postponing our game.

I wonder if these people feels the same and that we should just get on with it against Spurs if we have several first team players out.

No.

The precedent was set. If the PL forced them to play, I'd have no issue with them doing the same to us now.

• Like 4

I'm about 99% sure the Euro's are going to be cancelled.

There's no way all of the leagues around the world will finish in time for them; plus the logistics and potential spread with a global tournament would just be ridiculous before the vaccine has been circulated.

• Like 1

Just now, wilko154 said:

I'm about 99% sure the Euro's are going to be cancelled.

There's no way all of the leagues around the world will finish in time for them; plus the logistics and potential spread with a global tournament would just be ridiculous before the vaccine has been circulated.

Agreed. The Euros will go, the Premier League and Championship will have lockdowns again from Feb-May and will finish again in Summertime.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

It wasn't giving Newcastle stick, it was giving the FA stick because it's blatantly obvious that fitting in rescheduled fixtures is going to be complete nightmare. This is especially apparent with Spurs, and particularly if they go far in the FA Cup and the Europa League.

If the Newcastle game hadn't been suspended, and we have 14 available players as per the rules that were established in the beginning, then yes I'd be saying we have to play the fixture. But the FA have made their bed now by postponing the Newcastle match, so we must be given the same treatment in the interests of fairness. Fitting the matches in isn't our problem anymore, it's theirs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

No.

The precedent was set. If the PL forced them to play, I'd have no issue with them doing the same to us now.

exactly. as long as it's fair, i've no issues

• Like 1

Â