Covid outbreak Jan 2021

NurembergVillan

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Plenty were giving Newcastle stick, saying their safety procedures at training ground weren't good enough or players had gone on the lash during international break to being covid into the building.

Ultimately all the virus has shown in last 12 months is you can pick it up doing very little contact with outside world and it's then a bugger to shift.

I don't remember that even if I did read it. Still would be fair enough if an outbreak could be directly linked to an incident of one or more players breaking lockdown rules. We haven't seen anything like that yet but people would be rightly angry if a player went to a party and infected the whole squad, including our own.

Edited by fightoffyour

8 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Obviously I hope any players and staff are OK and can get well again soon.

It's bad news for the scheduling of games, Man City, Spurs are two I know who already are likely to be playing four games a week on average.

Other worrying news is the fact that some of the first team players from Newcastle such as Saint Maximim are still suffering weeks after their initial outbreak. Which means even if some players recover quickly others may not.

Big Sam was probably right about a circuit-breaker, many of us were probably right about thinking Project Restart was too soon. In the light of the current situation and the numbers of people dying and infected every day football is really not important. It was a nice distraction whilst it lasted but surely it's done now?!

I don't think project restart was too soon at all. My hunch was it was the right time for football to come back although perhaps a week or two too soon but daily death rates in July and August were very low and there were little positive tests over the summer in football. Everything was completely with little difficulties.

Ultimately winter is completely different to the situation back then and the FA/premier league thinking this summer was going to be smooth running were completely deluded.

If internationals had been scrapped as they should've been this year then would've had 6 extra games in September-November and so would be more than halfway through the season so less pressure to cram more fixtures in.

As ever in football the individual bodies just looked after their own interests e.g. the lucrative TV deals and so order a 9 month season into 8 months so now we're in a complete mess and most could see it coming bar the ones in charge.

Guess we'll have to accept whatever FA do. Frustrating but imagine if we were in semi finals and this happened.....That's something that would live with us as big what if for a very long time.

No way should we be made to play v Spurs though if we hardly have any players who've trained. Man. City called a game off just last week with about 5 hours notice, same for Fulham at Spurs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Guess we'll have to accept whatever FA do. Frustrating but imagine if we were in semi finals and this happened.....That's something that would live with us as big what if for a very long time.

No way should we be made to play v Spurs though if we hardly have any players who've trained. Man. City called a game off just last week with about 5 hours notice, same for Fulham at Spurs.

I think the issue with the FA is what if the same happens to Liverpool or United next round, they wont  risk kicking out a cash cow

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

We don't have the squad depth to cope with European football.

We are still a few transfer windows away from being there.

I'd rather not.

Two transfer windows before we'd play that euro fixture....

Don't see the league season being scrapped tbh, just have to muddle through next two months without having too many games to fit in and the general situation with population should be better at start of March anyway.

17 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Originally FIFA said if there were fourteen fit players games should go ahead, I think people were taking umbridge that the PL changed the rules.

Now the PL has set a precedent it does not matter what we think as they will surely have to postpone any matches who have teams affected by Covid-19.

Stupid question is the FA and PL two different entities, or does the FA have influence over the PL decisions?

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

inb4 we get dumped on by FA etc and forced to forfeit games, where other clubs got their games nicely moved etc.

We'll have to see, but they are different competitions in fairness.

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Stupid question is the FA and PL two different entities, or does the FA have influence over the PL decisions?

Different entities but they will be in dialogue I presume.

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

We'll have to see, but they are different competitions in fairness.

Different entities but they will be in dialogue I presume.

true, but our next PL game is the 13th Jan, if the team is isolating, we wont be able to play Suprs on the 13th....

17 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We don't have the squad depth to cope with European football.

We are still a few transfer windows away from being there.

I'd rather not.

Who cares? European experience is far more important! 

3 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Haha what?

There is an ignore button so that you don't see comments from trolls, blues or leeds supporters.

The only problem is when someone quotes a troll, then i have to see the nonsense as well. 

Please use your ignore button responsibly. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â