Match Thread: Chelsea v Villa

limpid

Just now, The_Steve said:

Yep. His foot is off for me. I hate how inconsistent this whole thing is. Stockley Park are an embarassment.

If we go down the route of slating crap like this when it suits it, Watkins at West Brom and west ham, then we can't go flagging it and try to use it when we concede. None of these goals are truly offside. That's the problem.

3 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I'd get Jack out to wide left, Azpilequeta (whatever his stupid name is) is on a yellow and looks suspect. Move ElGhazi to the other side and get Traore off for either Hourihane or Ramsey. 

This. 

Just now, a m ole said:

confused what you’re drawing here, the green line is marked infront of the toe?

My contribution is just the red line to highlight that his shoulder was not ahead of his foot, which some posters were saying.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Their 2 DMs aren't allowing us to play.

Also, Chelsea aren't making the mistakes that the lesser teams have been making against us recently. Their first touch is usually spot on and they resist our press pretty well. We'll have to find another approach to this.

Totally correct.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Also sacrificing your goal scorer out wide, who can nick you a goal isn’t the answer either...

Ever heard of cutting in? He can get on to far post crosses. This is more about damage limitation. Trust me I'm not a Davis fan either. 

Edited by Sulberto21

Not surprisingly Chelsea look that little bit fresher, a bit sharper. I wonder if our management can eek out one more half of football from the lads before a day or two off? Traore also needs to be made aware of his responsibilities in tracking back to help Matty Cash, though to be fair both sides are offering Chelsea a lot of open space. We certainly need to tweak it a bit, we’ve let Chelsea get their confidence up. A big ask now to take anything from this game. 

We just look tired tbh. Understandably so. Can’t fault Dean or the lads at all - Chelsea have the luxury of being able to make 6 changes. I suspect the entire game would’ve looked a bit like the first 25 minutes if we were a bit fresher.

I’ll be surprised if we get anything out of this but at the same time, their defence isn’t all that so hopefully there’ll be chances. 

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I agree with the entirely. I'd like the attacker to be given the benefit of the doubt unless the offside is (you'll like this ;) ) "clear and obvious". 

Yes. I think my attitude is essentially that if you have to make up lines on a computer, then it wasn't offside.

• Like 1

tight game, we've played quite well so far considering the short turn around. Chelsea have improved as the game has gone on. Still in it, but I think we need subs on the hour mark regardless. Get Davis, Conor and Ramsay on I think