Match Thread: Chelsea v Villa

limpid

Just now, Herman22 said:

I'd get Jack out to wide left, Azpilequeta (whatever his stupid name is) is on a yellow and looks suspect. Move ElGhazi to the other side and get Traore off for either Hourihane or Ramsey. 

This for me too. We need that extra man in the middle.

• Like 2

Their 2 DMs aren't allowing us to play.

Also, Chelsea aren't making the mistakes that the lesser teams have been making against us recently. Their first touch is usually spot on and they resist our press pretty well. We'll have to find another approach to this.

2 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Both wide men ineffective. Traore lazy when not tracking back for Chelsea goal, El Ghazi showing his less effective game again. Need to support Watkins better.

Trouble those wide players have goals in recent games.

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

Chilwell is killing us. Watkins will stop that.

Yeah but Davis isn’t the answer...we played with 10 men only a few days ago, we don’t need to do it again having Davis up front.

We don't have anyone on the bench who can change this game for us so Smith and crew will need to pull a **** miracle out to find a way of countering what Chelsea are doing. They have a lot of quality on the bench too so when they bring fresh legs on it'll be another test. That said, we had chances and if we take our next one who knows.

1 minute ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Still.dont understand the offside rule with arms etc... 

On the game, we started off well but bit sloppy for their goal. Watkins not getting much but was gonna be tough.. I just can't see us losing at the moment, big test in 2nd half

Theres no consistency

• Like 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

Yep. His foot is off for me. I hate how inconsistent this whole thing is. Stockley Park are an embarassment.

I think you've misintepreted my post.

His foot is deemed to be offside. Posters on here are unhappy that the line wasn't drawn from his arm, as Watkins' was. The simple reason for that is his foot was ahead of his arm.

Just now, Dave-R said:

Our wingers are playing shockingly shit.

It seems Traore has reverted to not tacking back whatsoever or tracking back 15 yards away from the person he’s meant to be pressuring with the ball. 

AEG a little better but the damage is coming from that right hand side.

We're clearly tired. Played our hearts out two days ago with ten men for 50 minutes. Today, same team continues. Players like Traore and AEG must be exhausted. We really needed Trez today. 

I'd like us to be able to come from behind, that would be like taking us to the next level. Today may not be the day with our worn legs, but we need to start getting into games even if were losing. 

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

From about the bicep downwards - the toes are ahead:

pwdIIun.png

Gotta say that looks onside to me. 

To say nothing about previous Watkins decisions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

They're killing us on the left.

We look tired. Wish we could make 5 or 6 changes to rest players like Chelsea did.

It’s takes time,in the future we will be able to do this ,now we need to be realistic and accept we are improving but can’t compete with the clubs who have been building their squads for years.

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

My problem is with ruling out goals that are essentially level. It's pseudoscience, and it's ruining the sport. Chilwell was level; that was a good goal and I'm glad it stood.

I’m not lol. We have lost points for those decisions being given against us. 

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

My problem is with ruling out goals that are essentially level. It's pseudoscience, and it's ruining the sport. Chilwell was level; that was a good goal and I'm glad it stood.

I agree with the entirely. I'd like the attacker to be given the benefit of the doubt unless the offside is (you'll like this ;) ) "clear and obvious". 

• Like 1