Match Thread: Chelsea v Villa

limpid

3 minutes ago, penguin said:

Looks almost a carbon copy of this to me:

but the opposite outcome.

FTIW I don’t want to see either as offside but the inconsistency is infuriating.

100%, for Chilwell they’ve used his foot and ignored his shoulder.

For Watkins they’ve drawn the line from his shoulder.

The inconsistency drives me mad. 

• Like 1

Yeah it's a tough game and Chelsea are playing nothing like they did against Arsenal. We're not really dealing with their full backs effectively and AEG & Traore seem to be having poor games. But that happens I guess. Considering their squad, we're doing well. 

• Like 1

I think this shows the impact of a small squad. We need to have utilised more players but we don’t have the quality to do that from the bench. 

I think it will finish 2-0 just to really ruin my evening which is pretty much the only score I can’t make money on with bets 

Just now, TreeVillan said:

They seem to be playing with an extra man. We're getting no space at all.

They swarm the ball and look really fit. Not sure how we unlock them other than from a set piece.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Open game. Still lots to play for. I think the kick on Cash really took him out of the game. I am still of the opinion that Chilwell was offside. Isn't amazing how VAR took what 20 seconds to decide with some made-up lines.

Mendy looks very shakey at the back.

We are being pressed too much down the left.

McGinn was also excellent it was must be said.

He wasn't offside. But it's the inconsistencies with it that's the problem. Watkins had 2 goals chalked off in other games that were fine.

• Like 1