Match Thread: Chelsea v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Ever heard of cutting in? He can get on to far post crosses. This is more about damage limitation. Trust me I'm not a Davis fan either. 

Fair enough! I don’t agree but understand your point.  I wouldn’t sacrifice your main striker...you are reducing your goal threat, your chance to get back into the game and also freeing up Chelsea’s defence to get more into the play and create more pressure on us.

• Like 1

It’s not VAR that’s the problem it’s the way it is implemented by the **** idiots at Stockley Park. Which BTW is just a trading estate in Uxbridge... Its not Bletchley park where groundbreaking work was carried out. It’s a **** warehouse, stop trying to glorify and brand it as something it’s not ... 

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Fair enough! I don’t agree but understand your point.  I wouldn’t sacrifice your main striker...you are reducing your goal threat, your chance to get back into the game and also freeing up Chelsea’s defence to get more into the play and create more pressure on us.

Hence why I really want Bamba and Ikone. And another centre midfielder.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, romavillan said:

We don't have anyone on the bench who can change this game for us so Smith and crew will need to pull a **** miracle out to find a way of countering what Chelsea are doing. They have a lot of quality on the bench too so when they bring fresh legs on it'll be another test. That said, we had chances and if we take our next one who knows.

This is backed up by the stat that we have zero points from games where we have gone behind

It was questioned how Traore would track back against a better team and it showed when he didn't track Chilwell. However, he wasn't alone in blame for the goal. McGinn and Luiz both failed to read the danger of Giroud as Konsa went to the near post. 

To be fair, Chelsea have done what every other team - that has had success against us this season - has done and that's attack us down the right side of our defence. 

We just need to move the ball quicker and stop holding on to it too long individually.