Ratings & Reactions: Chelsea v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

263 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/21 at 12:00

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Good question. I do not recall that. Anyone?

Sort of,  he was drinking at a hotel where Americans were also in the lobby although AFAIK they weren't relatives of victims.

He was fined for it alongside Jody Morris, Frank Sinclair and John Terry.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Sort of,  he was drinking at a hotel where Americans were also in the lobby although AFAIK they weren't relatives of victims.

He was fined for it alongside Jody Morris, Frank Sinclair and John Terry.

If I recall correctly one of them rounded off the evening by stripping and chucking themselves down a bowling lane, which sounds like a bloody good night if you put aside the other circumstances for a moment. 

• Like 1

Cash and Traore didn’t have their best games as almost everything came down the left for Chelsea but everyone else was pretty solid.

Konsa very quickly becoming a top class player without too much fuss, can barely remember a mistake from him all season.

Draw fair result but we probably had the better chances overall although they had more possession in dangerous areas.

One thing worth mentioning. How bloody hard did those boys work tonight? Yes they are paid handsomely for it, but we absolutely wanted it so much more than Chelsea tonight. McGinn was the epitome of the fact this team will simply run and run and run all game long for each other. As Deano says be a good teammate, that's precisely what they were tonight, and it's such a pleasure to watch them giving everything for us. Really proud of this team

• Like 3

Not at our best, didn’t quite click, but still a terrific, spirited performance. We really have progressed as a team and it was all there to see.

It was a night where Trez might have been the better option as they were gaining traction down their LHS and his running and defensive game make have closed out Chilwell, but they are a smart side looking for a response and we were no push over. Great spirit to fight black and threaten. Despite the subs and legginess we looked good for a point and deagerous. 

Man Utd will be interesting. Still have us as a top 4 side this season.

Edited by thunderball

1 hour ago, AVFCDAN said:

Cash and Traore didn’t have their best games as almost everything came down the left for Chelsea but everyone else was pretty solid.

Konsa very quickly becoming a top class player without too much fuss, can barely remember a mistake from him all season.

Draw fair result but we probably had the better chances overall although they had more possession in dangerous areas.

Cash didn't put a foot wrong imo. Was just outnumbered a few times.

• Like 2

I always had a lot of respect for Lampard as a player but as a  manager he lacks a lot of class.His post match comments seem delusional.Hodgson who is under huge pressure spoke honestly after our game and he seems a dignified person.

Our performance was gritty and determined.We play as a team.A very organised and well drilled team with some extremely talented players.I think one of the keys to our success this season is a strong team bond and I think everyone seems such good characters.

Why are we so shit at throw ins?We have improved massively at corners but not throw ins.I remember with Bruce it was bad and I expected with Smith it would improve but it seems the policy is just to give it to the opposition as soon as possible.

• Like 1

A performance full of character, togetherness and camaraderie....I thought the back 5 was very good and a special mention to Hause, who has come on leaps and bounds....and probably the most improved, recently.

John McGinn was back to his best and roared to MOTM....out flanking Kante on the way.

The manager and coaches deserve a special mention for preparing such a willing bunch....so many clubs would be proud of their application, truly remarkable, under the circumstances.

finally, I would like to say, its great to see players take up that rewarding spot at the back post.....well done to El Ghazi for being there.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Only2McInallys said:

I always had a lot of respect for Lampard as a player but as a  manager he lacks a lot of class.

Lampard seems to me one who thinks he is entitled to success (or perhaps adulation). It is likely a result of spending so much money on players recently.

I really don't like him the more I hear him talk as you say definitely no class and the exact opposite of Dean Smith. 

This time last season we were desperate for points against the likes of Brighton, Burnley etc, now we're disappointed for a point against Chelsea. Wow the improvement in this squad is so so impressive. Well deserved point and considering they had fresher legs which showed at times we could have had more. Baby steps this season but next season we're gonna be a real force.

On a side note I genuinely dislike commentary teams and pundits but I want to show a bit of respect for Le Saux who was balanced respectful and objective in his analysis. Obviously he showed pashun towards Chelsea understandable but overall I liked hearing what he had to say. Asked Dean Smith some really good questions and a couple of cheeky ones regarding January spending etc. Townsend wasn't as bad as he usually is.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

On a side note I genuinely dislike commentary teams and pundits but I want to show a bit of respect for Le Saux who was balanced respectful and objective in his analysis. Obviously he showed pashun towards Chelsea understandable but overall I liked hearing what he had to say. Asked Dean Smith some really good questions and a couple of cheeky ones regarding January spending etc. Townsend wasn't as bad as he usually is.

I was surprised by Le Saux. Thought he came across well. The guy hosting was desperate to make it sound like we were very lucky 

14 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

I hate how shots that hit the post are considered "not on target." 

Sorry but how is this even a debate? If the ball is not going in the goal, it's off target. If it is, it's on target. Post and in is obviously on target. There isn't one fixed line that defines the boundary between on and off target, as it depends on the spin and power etc. which are parts of the shot too. The posts and crossbar just mark the boundary of the goal. Two different shots could even hit the exact same point on the post but one would be on target and one off due to the spin of the ball.

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Only2McInallys said:

I always had a lot of respect for Lampard as a player but as a  manager he lacks a lot of class.His post match comments seem delusional.

Feel the same about his playing career. Simply outstanding. But I think it shows the huge pressure and scrutiny he now finds himself under in a completely different way, at still a relatively young age, that he clearly struggles with. Who wouldn't? It's surely only losing that brings about the humility and philosophical attitude that you need as a manager.

• Like 1

Â