Ratings & Reactions: Chelsea v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

263 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/21 at 12:00

Excellent point tonight. Excellent second half by us. Adjusted to their threat and defended really well. McGinn was absolutely back to his best. Clearly MOTM. 

Positive subs to try win it whilst staying tight. Big point and first time this season when we’ve not lost from conceding first. This performance and result on the back of comfortably beating Palace with ten men is massive for our confidence.

1 hour ago, Daweii said:

I'll take this result any day. These are the results that decide top half finishes. We can win all we want against the shit teams, but if we get hammered by the good teams then it doesn't matter. A draw here is huge and it's great progress for the club.  

Good job we have not been beaten by any of last season's top half teams yet then 😉

SJM rightly getting the plaudits for his performance but how good has Hause been in the last 2 games?! He and Targett have improved immeasurably this season.

Jim Beglin the commentator is the same as Jim Beglin the footballer - third rate at best. And Fat Frank is clearly feeling the pressure judging his post match interview.

We are a joy to watch at times. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, a-k said:

At first I gave a "Good" refereeing rating, but on second thought this might have been the best refereeing performance I've see this season. Let the game flow and be played as a contact sport. The players realized in the early minutes that he wasn't blowing his whistle for falling over with the slightest of touches and so there was very minimal "selling" the contact and rolling around. Good, hard-fought game from both sides. Only one I can think of would maybe be Luiz going down in a 50-50 in stoppage time, but I'll give him that one as surely he was exhausted. Also can't recall any decisions the ref got wrong. Top performance.

Already posted very good. One of best I've seen. Let lot of proper tackles go when players both teams looking for fouls. Jack was 1 YC away from suspension before 5 card extension I think and stupidly threw ball away for Chelsea free kick near the end and most refs would've given card but ref let it go

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

SJM rightly getting the plaudits for his performance but how good has Hause been in the last 2 games?! He and Targett have improved immeasurably this season.

Jim Beglin the commentator is the same as Jim Beglin the footballer - third rate at best. And Fat Frank is clearly feeling the pressure judging his post match interview.

We are a joy to watch at times. 

Beglin is one of the more knowledgeable commentators. Always found him to be both fair and insightful.

Just now, meregreen said:

Beglin is one of the more knowledgeable commentators. Always found him to be both fair and insightful.

Not tonight he weren’t.

Absolute tw*tbasket.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Â