Ratings & Reactions: Chelsea v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

263 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/21 at 12:00

Considering the money Chelsea have spent, Lampard really isnt doing a good job, their squad is probably as good as any now on paper, possibly excluding Liverpool & Man City.

I might even say only Liverpool are above them in terms of squad....dunno.

14 hours ago, Only2McInallys said:

I always had a lot of respect for Lampard as a player but as a  manager he lacks a lot of class.His post match comments seem delusional.Hodgson who is under huge pressure spoke honestly after our game and he seems a dignified person.

Our performance was gritty and determined.We play as a team.A very organised and well drilled team with some extremely talented players.I think one of the keys to our success this season is a strong team bond and I think everyone seems such good characters.

Why are we so shit at throw ins?We have improved massively at corners but not throw ins.I remember with Bruce it was bad and I expected with Smith it would improve but it seems the policy is just to give it to the opposition as soon as possible.

I like Lampard in general.....but lately the pressure seems to have got to him.....his references to our goal seemed desperate to me.

jack gets criticised when he goes down for a tap like that....thats what I call hypocritical.....Frank came up against a durable outfit and he didn't like it.....I would presume the money they have spent seems like an Albatross to him right now.

They all go on about Chilwells last minute miss, was they all making a cup of tea when Jacob just missed too.

He needs to find the kind of team spirit Dean Smith has resonated with us.

Anyone else think if we had 'scored' the goal Chelsea did it would have been given offside by VAR?

We saw no lines until after the goal was given and then it looked as though their blue line was an inch offside infront of our green line, I was livid!

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

Great to see us competing at the top, with those who are mainstays of European competitions in recent years.

And also to see McGinn's effort that came off the bar. Been waiting for another belter from him and he delivered.

On 28/12/2020 at 19:40, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Copied and pasted my post from another forum as I couldn't be assed typing and it came up like that. lol

Are you saying we are not your only one? 

I feel soiled and used. 😔

On 30/12/2020 at 06:12, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Anyone else think if we had 'scored' the goal Chelsea did it would have been given offside by VAR?

We saw no lines until after the goal was given and then it looked as though their blue line was an inch offside infront of our green line, I was livid!

I thought it was perfectly good goal real time and after. That said so was Watkins against Baggies 

Â